Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by godel10 View Post
Great work.

I wonder whether any owner of a Hanlin could upload a video showing this firmware.

This video is old and the Madshelf looks very different now. I had no time to make another video yet
Old 07-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #17
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
You can remove the card and insert it back after 3 seconds. Then just open the SD location in the Madshelf.
Cool, thanks!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:26 AM   #18
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by iterati View Post
Good effort but very slow to boot (the official firmware boots in 10 seconds more or less).
Boot sequence right now is taken from our upstream distrbution "as is" - we had no time to tweak it. I'll be optimizing it - you can imagine how inconvenient it is for development.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:01 AM   #19
yunhaid
Enthusiast
yunhaid doesn't litteryunhaid doesn't litter

can you provide the complete source codes that can be compiled to the final firmware used for the V3? i want to recompile it in a linux system.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:12 AM   #20
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunhaid View Post
can you provide the complete source codes that can be compiled to the final firmware used for the V3? i want to recompile it in a linux system.
hi!

you can find all sources here: http://git.openinkpot.org, http://www.openinkpot.org/pub/SLIND/pool/

here you can find the instructions how to build the final firmware:
http://www.openinkpot.org/wiki/BuildInstructions

the process is rather simple: bootstrap the slind chrot and then run build-v3 from inside the chroot.

Last edited by lunohod; 07-23-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:19 AM   #21
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunhaid View Post
Since I think you're chinese - if you wish, you can ask for help here - http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthre...extra=page%3D1, and hopefully our chinese developer will be able to help!

Last edited by mrdini; 07-23-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #22
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Should be not so hard to convert linux to the iliad (except the touchpad and the bootloader).
Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #23
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Should be not so hard to convert linux to the iliad (except the touchpad and the bootloader).
In theory, I don't think it'd be that difficult. But again, the problem is access to the hardware. No-one in the OI project has access to an Iliad so...

Are you volunteering?