Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
MacDonald, George: Malcolm V1, 12 September 2009

This my first ebook uploaded to Mobileread, and my first ePub. Created with OpenOffice and Sigil (thanks, Valloric!)

This is my favorite MacDonald, and I was rather surprised to find that no one had posted it, so I'm very happy to contribute it.

MacDonald takes a standard romance trope - highborn young woman, lowborn young man with a mysterious past - and crafts something surprising and remarkable. The wonderful thing about MacDonald is the vividness of his characters - although many of them are 'good', all have their foibles and failings. This is particularly true of the novels set in Scotland, where he was born.

So come to the town of Portlossie and meet a remarkable young fisherman named Malcolm.

*Warning: There is quite a lot of Scottish dialect in this book, which can be quite challenging to the reader, but the effort is very rewarding.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub MacDonald, George - Malcolm.epub (529.8 KB, 900 views)
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote