Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Changing font size in Book Details Comments

Is there a way to adjust the font size in the Comments section of the Book Details? Preferably without having to edit the HTML coding of every book?

I use it for the summary of my ebooks and it's fine when viewed in Calibre on a computer monitor but when I export it into an epub catalog viewed on my Nook the text is extremely small. I would have to set my Nook to the second highest text size to make it readable; which makes everything else far too large. I tried using the Style selections but using the Heading styles means each sentence of the comments appears on it's own page and the other styles are just as small if not smaller than the Normal style setting. I know I could change the Font setting in Look And Feel but that affects all of Calibre which I don't want either since I'm fine with the current settings there.

Thanks,

Beth

Edit: I'm using Calibre 0.8.36 if that makes a diference

Last edited by BookJunkieLI; 02-11-2012 at 01:07 PM.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can adjust the template calibre uses for catalogs. See http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cust...lates-etcetera

The relevant file is catalog/stylesheet.css
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for getting back to me, Kovid.

I thought I followed the directions correctly but I got the following error message when I went to create a catalog:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.36
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Sections: Genres, Descriptions
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for nook in GUI environment
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 6
opts:
authorClip: 100
catalog_title: u'DescriptionTest'
connected_kindle: False
descriptionClip: 380
exclude_book_marker: u':'
exclude_genre: u'\\[.+\\]'
exclude_tags: u'~,Catalog'
header_note_source_field: ''
merge_comments: '::True'
output_profile: 'nook'
read_book_marker: u'#chapterstatus:+'
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
thumb_width: '1.00'
wishlist_tag: u'Wishlist'
existing thumb cache at C:\Documents and Settings\Beth\Application Data\calibre\caches\catalog\thumbs.zip, cached_thumb_width: 1.00"
Begin catalog source generation
Python function terminated unexpectedly
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Beth\\Application Data\\calibre\\resources\\catalog\\DefaultCover.jp g' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 191, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 5122, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1487, in copyResources
File "shutil.py", line 116, in copy
File "shutil.py", line 81, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Beth\\Application Data\\calibre\\resources\\catalog\\DefaultCover.jp g'

What I did is in Application Data/calibre I created a resources sub-folder and then a catalog sub-folder within resources ie Application Data/calibre/resources/catalog.

I then copy and pasted a copy of stylesheet.css from Program Files/Calibre/resources/catalog to Application Data/calibre/resources/catalog. I left the original file where it was as I wasn't sure I was supposed to delete it.

I opened up stylesheet.css with wordpad and adjusted this section:
td.notes {
font-size: 100%;
text-align:center;
}
ie changed font-size: 100% to 150%. I'm not familiar with CSS programming but this seemed the logical section to change.

Any idea what I did wrong? Thanks.

Beth
Old 02-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

To follow up I read thru the error message and guessed that the problem was it wasn't finding the other files from the original directory so I copy and pasted them as well. That solved the error message.

However, I must be editing the wrong section of stylesheet as the text in the comments section is still the same really small size. Absolutely no discernible difference.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Add font-size:large;

to the div.description section
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Thanks, Kovid. That worked. Though it looks like I'll still need to go through and strip out any formatting that was attached to the comments when I originally imported the files.