Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #151
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I was able to jail break to set sleep-screen and change system font, but I couldn't get USB networking to work.
If there is a network manager running on the computer side it can play havoc with the USB networking. After connecting to the kindle over USB, does
Code:
dmesg | tail
show an ethernet gadget? Can you ping the kindle IP address?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:17 AM   #152
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If there is a network manager running on the computer side it can play havoc with the USB networking. After connecting to the kindle over USB, does
Code:
dmesg | tail
show an ethernet gadget? Can you ping the kindle IP address?
No, it's not there. I wondered even did the download only work for the DX, which is actually very similar apart from the screen.
I've used IP over USB on windows and Linux to gadgets that needed hacked first. Simpler on Linux than XP.
But it does pick up the time and date in about a day. The Kindle Keyboard 3 which can render KF8 with last FW has the same problem with time and date. Stupid no GUI option.

Actually even my phones have always taken ages to find time/date via mobile, or even never! So I normally set them manually. The most recent one can set via GPS but then the time zone is wrong, so have to switch to manual and fix the hour.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #153
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
No, it's not there. I wondered even did the download only work for the DX, which is actually very similar apart from the screen.
I've used IP over USB on windows and Linux to gadgets that needed hacked first. Simpler on Linux than XP.
But it does pick up the time and date in about a day. The Kindle Keyboard 3 which can render KF8 with last FW has the same problem with time and date. Stupid no GUI option.

Actually even my phones have always taken ages to find time/date via mobile, or even never! So I normally set them manually. The most recent one can set via GPS but then the time zone is wrong, so have to switch to manual and fix the hour.
It happens that, after putting it off for 10 years, I jailbroke my DXG a few weeks ago. Everything, including USBnetworking went fine.

The USBnetwork KUAL menu includes a ** USBnetwork ** status button, which when selected, will print a line of small text at the bottom of the screen stating whether USBnetwork is enabled and whether sshd is up.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 12:08 AM   #154
quetza888
quetza888 began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle dx graphite
help for register kindle dx graphite fw 2.5.8

Does anybody have reginfo for Kindle DXG? I try to find it in the internet but all links were down, i am in front the computer for more then 5 hours trying to find a fix but is imposible since all the links are down, and the reginfo that are aviable doesnt work on mine kindle dx graphite, thanks in advance i really appreciate your help
quetza888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 2, kindle dx