Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
zardoz73
zardoz73 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Folder creation for softrooted Nooks?

I got my Nook about two weeks ago and I'm happy with it other than the fact that I can't create folders and subfolders on it. I've been looking to see if softrooting it will solve this, but I can't find proof of it.

For softrooted Nooks, is folder creation an option?
zardoz73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
sarahsbloke
Connoisseur
sarahsbloke began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook, Kindle Keyboard
I have many folders and subfolders on the Secondary SDcard of my softrooted Nook
Calibre and Calibre2opds create a folder for each author in my library then subfolders for each book.

The Nookdevs version of "My Library" is happy to display index and covers of all the books no matter where they are.
sarahsbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Miss Understood
Enthusiast
Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nook, Sony PRS-350 (pink!); IPad2
Question about Softroot

Hi, I softrooted my nook but aside from making the icons look more cool and adding, chess and B&N home, I don't see any of the things I assumed would be there after softrooting. I don't have the ability to add or remove things I don't want, I can't organize or cover flow my documents. Am I supposed to add those things manually? I'm very confused. Thanks for any help.
Miss Understood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
Just keep pressing on one of the icons and the settings menu will pop up.

Here is a video of it-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...softroot+video

If the Icon marked "My Library nookdevs" is not working, you may have to reboot once or install it separately.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
Miss Understood
Enthusiast
Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharan View Post
Just keep pressing on one of the icons and the settings menu will pop up.

Here is a video of it-
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...softroot+video

If the Icon marked "My Library nookdevs" is not working, you may have to reboot once or install it separately.
It's weird, I pressed one of the icons and am able to rearrange them but My Library, Trook. . .etc. were not installed on my Nook when I did my softroot. I thought they were part of the installed bravo_update.dat.
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
That's wierd. What do you see after clicking the + button?
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
Miss Understood
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharan View Post
That's wierd. What do you see after clicking the + button?
OK I'm an idiot! They are all there when I click the + button.

Thanks so much for your help!