Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Aura: Full Screen Reading setting lost

I've got an Aura running 3.80. I had a problem earlier and had to do a restart. Since then i've lost the section in Reading Settings to turn off header and footer (I'm sure i had a check box there)

I've had a look at the Config File and its nothing like I remember (I have a copy of 3.3's) and I have no section titled Feature Settings any more so I have no idea where to insert

FullScreenReading=true

Can anyone advise?

Edited to say that if i open my config file in Notepad ++ I have 45 lines now, compared to 202 lines in 3.30

Last edited by Josieb1; 10-03-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Just add a section called [FeatureSettings] and the FullScreenReading=true line between any of the existing sections or at the end (anywhere but in the middle of an existing section really). Should look like below:

[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true

and you should be good to go.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Just add a section called [FeatureSettings] and the FullScreenReading=true line between any of the existing sections or at the end (anywhere but in the middle of an existing section really). Should look like below:

[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true

and you should be good to go.
Thanks very much, its good to know I can add a section in like that.

I have actually just fixed it by going back to 3.30, replacing the condensed config file with the copy I took, then going back to 3.80 and everything was then back to normal. I've taken a copy now of the 3.80 config file.

I have no idea what happened though
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote