Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
mishka
mishka began at the beginning.

Device: none
Installing Books

When you install (or download) books into your Kobo Arc - where do you actually put the books? I am talking about epub books.
I searched the koko directory and found a folder called "epub" - is this where they should go. Or do you make your own folder and call it whatever you want?
I guess I would have the same question about PDF books.
Thank you
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Put them anywhere. You'll have to use your reading app (Kobo, Aldiko, etc., etc.) to import the file and add it to their library. If you place it in there manually, your app'll either choke on it, make a duplicate (but renamed and put into what the app considers the proper directory structure), or import it and delete the original. I have no idea which 'cos it seems to vary based on the app, the phase of the moon, and how annoyed at me my Arc is. :P

Personally, I just dump them into the download directory so that they're easy to find and delete if they're still there after being imported into the app.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
mishka
mishka began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you ver much.
I made a folder call "library" and put all the books in there. Then went throughthe import process - so far all seem to be working fine. They are also named as they should be.
The phase of the moon seems to be right tonight
Thanks again
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote