Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #16
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwwjd View Post
I heard the new update might have an apps store.
I know my new "Update" surely does !!!
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
kittyhawk63
kittyhawk63 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Are you referring to rooting your NC, or are you being serious about an update that gives you access to apps? I think I hear some snickering in the back room.
kittyhawk63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #19
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
Are you referring to rooting your NC, or are you being serious about an update that gives you access to apps? I think I hear some snickering in the back room.
Yea, sorry....I was referring new my newly rooted Nook...!! Couldn't contain my excitement ...
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Oh jeez, here we go again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
All that's missing is the link to that "Poll".

Need a Faq or a faq-pole or a pole-faq or a pole-cat or ...

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #21
Cgray
Cgray began at the beginning.

Device: none
When is the next update scheduled? I've been thinking of rooting my nook, but only to get a decent pdf support utility (I have something like 20K pages of history documents in PDF that I use all the time). If we're talking a fairly short time until apps are availalbe, I might just wait.
Cgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #22
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I think I had my first ever colour nook in my hands for maybe an hour before I rooted it.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #23
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
OK one more thing, what the point of rooting it if you can only use Wifi?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #24
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Rooting is about being able to customize the device with your own apps, and so on. (For example, if you don't like the B&N web browser, you could install the Dolphin browser instead.)

Rooting is not for everyone. You do not need to be a genius computer expert, but you do need the time and desire to experiment and learn about the internal workings of the device. If that kind of tinkering sounds like an interesting challenge, then go for it. But if that sounds tedious, then rooting is definitely not for you.
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote