Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2007, 02:39 AM   #16
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Linux 2.4 not handling CPU throttling is no surprise.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:38 AM   #17
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg View Post
As it says,

Scribbling does not work correctly with me.
If I take the pen off the screen and put it back, a line appears connecting to the last written scribbles, so it only gives a continuous connected line.

Does anybody else see the same?

Is it in the remembering of the pen settings?
No, the pen settings is quite a different thing from the scribble code. It looks like your iLiad does not correctly process the pen release event. That code has however not been changed much, so if you only see this with the enhanced ipdf it might be some unstable driver or something. Do you get the same effect if scribbling on a file on external storage (CF/SD/USB)?

/R
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #18
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
Great Work!

Unfortunately I'm using the mobipocket reader on my Iliad right now (if I even have time to read at all...) and there is no such wonder-package for that one...YET...
Maybe we'll get our reflash option soon and then somebody will create a powersaving system that benefits all apps.
I've written a bit of JNI to get at the CPU throttle from Java. It could be implemented in Mobipocket but with iRex never having embraced this technology for ipdf I find it doubtful they'd want to support doing it for Mobipocket either.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #19
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Due the firmware 2.10.1 update, the current ipdf with cpu throttling is not able to install. It says error wrong version.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #20
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

This is due to the install script checking for '2.10'.

You could change this in 'Firmware_Script' to '2.10.1' and be the first
to test the All-In-One IPDF on 2.10.1...

Dirk
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2007, 06:55 AM   #21
DeGodefroi
Zealot

I am just experienced enough to use the scripts, but I have no experience in unix directly etc.

Edit: Ok I just edited in windows by adding a . and a 1 to the 'Firmware_Script' and it installed fine.
heh.

Last edited by DeGodefroi; 06-28-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #22
DigiDirk
Connoisseur

Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #23
DigiDirk
Connoisseur

Now it's my turn to post a question...

I installed the "All-In-One IPDF released for iLiad 2.10" on 2.10.

Today I updated via 2.10.1 to 2.10.2 without any glitches.

As I can switch to fullscreen mode, my IPDF remained the "All-In-One" one.

If I were to execute 'deinstall_ipdf.sh' and that script would

Quote:
cp ${scriptdir}/ipdf_iRex /usr/bin/ipdf
what IPDF from Irex I would get?

I recall that the installation zip contained the Irex IPDF already.
Would an Irex IPDF 2.10.2 or 2.10.1 get overwritten with 2.10?

Or is it save to assume that - still having fullscreen mode - there was
no new IPDF from Irex?

Dirk
Old 07-12-2007, 03:59 PM   #24
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Or is it save to assume that - still having fullscreen mode - there was
no new IPDF from Irex?
Yes, the assumption is correct.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #25
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Updated Installer for 2.10.2

I just updated the installer for 2.10.2

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_powersave_for_2.10.2.zip (79.8 KB, 1144 views)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:40 AM   #26
DeGodefroi
Zealot

Yeah if you get a new ipdf from Irex with an update, the old jharker ipdf would simply be gone.
No need to uninstall then :-)
Old 07-13-2007, 05:52 AM   #27
DigiDirk
Connoisseur

That's for sure...

...and executing deinstall_ipdf.sh after updating to... say 2.11
including a new IPDF from Irex would not copy ipdf_irex 2.10
back because the firmware check (2.10.2 != 2.11) is in there also.

Just to clear it up. Well done!

Dirk
Old 09-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #28
Tommy
Enthusiast
Tommy began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad, Sony 505
I also want to say thanks to jhkar and ricewind for what they accomplished. Really great stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Thanks to jhaker and ricewind for creating an advanced PDF reader for the iLiad.
Now comes the BUT of course ...
Quote:
Remembers Pen Settings - (rincewind) - Current pen settings are saved with the file and loaded when it's re-opened.
This seems not to happen on my iLiad, though. All the other new features seem to work well, in particular ipdf remembers the toolbar vs. full screen setting. But irrespective of how leave a given PDF, each time I re-load it, scribble mode is turned on again.

This is a bit annoying if you read news with links and as you want to follow such a link, all that is happening is that some inky blobs and scratches are added to the newspaper...

It might well be that I missed something. In this case please gimme a shout

And again, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Tommy

PS: I couldn't determine the version of ipdf, but it seems to have been compiled on 2007-06-13, if that helps...

PPS: are the settings stored in the manifest.xml? I haven't found any traces of the pen settings there...
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #29
gmt
gmt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gmt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex
potential ipdf development

Thanks very much for this - I use the Iliad for editing technical reports and the new features are very useful for this.

I have made a few mods - probably mostly just suitable for myself - but if the developers are interested, please let me know. My version now does:

- blending of scribbles with document, which enables highlighting of text (I also have an edited version of the java scribble merger which can convert these correctly)

- button switch between thin black pen and thick light grey pen, for comment/highlight

- browsing forward and backward history, so you can get back to wherever you came from, again on key presses

Thanks again.
gmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #30
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
It would be great if you could post the binary and the source. The more options available to users, the better.

Something to note, back and forward should be implemented very soon in the official ipdf version.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all-in-one, ipdf