Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
Download PDFs to Kindle 3 Directly?

It seems there was a hack on the Kindle DX that gave users the ability to download PDFs from the web directly to their Kindle.

I would love to read Scribd pdf files on-the-go or any other PDF online, has anyone tried to port this to the Kindle 3:

http://blogkindle.com/2009/07/downlo...e-dx-directly/

Thanks
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
hondamarlboro
Enthusiast
hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.hondamarlboro turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle2, Kindle3, Kindle4, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
I would like to know it, too.

I've never tried above hack, but I guess this hack not available for K3.

Currently, I don't know the similar config file on K3 with netfront.ini on K2 which allows us to control the file type of extension for downloading.

Can anyone find this?
hondamarlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There's a wrs config somewhere in /opt if memory serves me, but I don't remember if there's mime type tweaking available.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
Tvangeste
Enthusiast
Tvangeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
@SunLight

I saw a hack for Kindle that does something like this (among other things):

http://blog.fsck.com/2009/04/savory.html
http://blogkindle.com/2009/04/epub-and-pdf-support/

Maybe that would be of interest to you.
Tvangeste is offline   Reply With Quote