Notices

View Poll Results: How to proceed with serious off-topic discussions
Add a new section "Salon" under Miscellaneous 89 80.91%
Add a new thread prefix "Keep it Sensible" to the Lounge 21 19.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2009, 04:38 AM   #196
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I see the world has moved on whilst I've been otherwise occupied.

Conservatory .... Interesting choice of name ... I like it !!!

a school giving instruction in one or more of the fine or dramatic arts; specifically, a school of music or a place where chocolate can be eaten safely....
Welcome back mate.

And it is the first meaning that springs to my mind each time I see the name.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #197
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I see the world has moved on whilst I've been otherwise occupied.

Conservatory .... Interesting choice of name ... I like it !!!

a school giving instruction in one or more of the fine or dramatic arts; specifically, a school of music or a place where chocolate can be eaten safely....

a greenhouse, usually attached to a dwelling, for growing and displaying plants, or roasting occupants in the summer months and freezing them in the winter ...

a place where things are preserved; let's hope we don't all become mummys .....
GeoffC, I'm sooooo glad to see you back. We've really missed you.

Yes, the Conservatory is the place where we can hang out and roast our favorite music amongst the green, growing displays whilst eating chocolate that's been freeze-dried in pshrynk's farking Spring. The place where we try to preserve the peace while we exchange dramatic and artful ideas and instruction with the rest of the mummies in school, without fear of frivolity.

Yep, you got the description right.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote