Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #46
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
If so, they were the progenitors of a huge family!
With Norway being so inbred we already are - My grandmother on my fathers side is from Bergen.

Both audiobooks downloaded fine from Denmark, yet again. My girlfriend will love the Anne of Green Gables audiobook.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:43 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
With Norway being so inbred we already are - My grandmother on my fathers side is from Bergen.
One of my grandparents was Norwegian; though born in the US.

Quote:
Both audiobooks downloaded fine from Denmark, yet again. My girlfriend will love the Anne of Green Gables audiobook.
That's because Denmark is a province of Canada
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #48
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Week 06 -- valid 19~25 Jun 2014 -- download here

* Note - these audiobooks are only free during the above time frame

. . . .
Anne of Green Gables --> no restrictions
  • Author: LM Montgomery
  • Narrator: Colleen Winton
  • Published: 1908 / Post Hypnotic Press
If you've never watched or listened to Anne of Green Gables, let me give you a heads up: take a large dose of No-Doz or drink several cups of espresso beforehand. It is l o n g and boring (IMHO, of course).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-20-2014 at 05:41 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Week 07 -- valid 26 Jun ~ 02 Jul 2014 -- download here

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock --> no restrictions
  • Author: Matthew Quick
  • Narrator: Noah Galvin
  • Published: 2013 / Hachette Audio
Quote:
In addition to the P-38, there are four gifts, one for each of my friends. I want to say good-bye to them properly. I want to give them each something to remember me by. To let them know I really cared about them and I’m sorry I couldn’t be more than I was–that I couldn’t stick around–and that what’s going to happen today isn’t their fault.

Today is Leonard Peacock’s birthday. It is also the day he hides a gun in his backpack. Because today is the day he will kill his former best friend, and then himself, with his grandfather’s P-38 pistol.

But first he must say good-bye to the four people who matter most to him: his Humphrey Bogart-obsessed next-door neighbor, Walt; his classmate Baback, a violin virtuoso; Lauren, the Christian homeschooler he has a crush on; and Herr Silverman, who teaches the high school’s class on the Holocaust. Speaking to each in turn, Leonard slowly reveals his secrets as the hours tick by and the moment of truth approaches.

In this riveting book, acclaimed author Matthew Quick unflinchingly examines the impossible choices that must be made–and the light in us all that never goes out.
October Mourning: A Song for Matthew Shepard --> no restrictions
  • Author: Lesléa Newman
  • Narrator: Beresford, Daniels, Parks, Podehl, Rudd, Traister
  • Published: 2013 / Brilliance Audio
Quote:
On the night of October 6, 1998, a gay twenty-one-year-old University of Wyoming student named Matthew Shepard was lured from a bar by two young men, then savagely beaten, tied to a fence on the outskirts of Laramie, and left to die. Five days later, Lesléa Newman arrived on campus to give the keynote speech for the University of Wyoming’s Gay Awareness Week. October Mourning is Lesléa Newman’s deeply personal response to the events of that tragic day and its brutal aftermath. This work of poetic imagination explores the impact of the vicious crime through fictitious monologues from various points of view, including the fence to which Matthew was tied, the deer that kept watch beside him, and even Matthew himself. This stunning cycle of sixty-eight poems serves as an illumination for readers too young to remember and as a powerful, enduring tribute to Matthew Shepard’s life and legacy.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #50
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
For others like me who may not have noticed yet....tonight's the last night to download for week 7
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Week 08 -- valid 03~09 Jul 2014 -- download here

Torn from Troy (Odyssey of a Slave - Book 1) --> no restrictions
  • Author: Patrick Bowman
  • Narrator: Gerard Doyle
  • Published: 2011 / Post Hypnotic Press
Quote:
Two-and-a half millennia after it was created, Homer’s Odyssey remains one of humanity’s most memorable adventure stories. In this re-creation of Homer’s classic as a young adult novel, we see the aftermath of the Trojan War through the eyes of Alexi, a fifteen-year-old Trojan boy. Orphaned by the war and enslaved by Odysseus himself, Alexi has a very different view of the conquering heroes of legend. Despite a simmering anger towards his captors, Alexi gradually develops a grudging respect for them. As the Greeks fight off the angry Cicones, weather a storm that pushes them far beyond charted waters, and nearly succumb to the blandishments of the bewitching Lotus-eaters, he realizes that they are not the demons they were said to be, but people like himself.
Peter and the Starcatchers --> NOT in UK & British Commonwealth
  • Author: Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson
  • Narrator: Jim Dale
  • Published: 2004 / Brilliance Audio
Quote:
In an evocative and fast-paced adventure on the high seas and on a faraway island an orphan boy named Peter and his mysterious new friend, Molly, overcome bands of pirates and thieves in their quest to keep a fantastical secret safe and save the world from evil. Bestselling authors Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson have turned back the clock and revealed a wonderful story that precedes J.M. Barrie’s beloved Peter Pan. Peter and the Starcatchers is brimming with richly developed characters from the scary but somehow familiar Black Stache and the ferocious Mister Grin to the sweet but sophisticated Molly and the fearless Peter. Riveting adventure takes listeners on a journey from a harsh orphanage in old England to a treacherous sea in a decrepit old tub. Aboard the Never Land is a trunk that holds a magical substance with the power to change the fate of the world – just a sprinkle and wounds heal and just a dusting and people can fly.

Towering seas and a violent storm are the backdrop for battles at sea. Bone-crushing waves eventually land our characters on Mollusk Island–where the action really heats up.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-03-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #52
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
New titles up for the week.

Week 09 --> 10~16 Jul 2014
Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice -- Philip Hoose
While the World Watched -- Carolyn M McKinstry, Denise George
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 AM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Week 09 -- valid 10~16 Jul 2014 -- download here

While the World Watched --> no restrictions
  • Author: Carolyn Maull McKinstry w/ Denise George
  • Narrator: Felicia Bullock
  • Published: 2011 / Oasis Audio
Quote:
Fifteen-year-old Carolyn Maull McKinstry was just a few feet away when the Klan-planted bomb that killed four of her friends exploded in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama. It was one of the seminal moments in the Civil Rights movement, a sad day in American history . . . and the turning point in a young girl’s life.

Carolyn’s story is a poignant and gripping eyewitness account of what it was like to grow up in the Jim Crow South–from the bombings, riots, and assassinations to the historic marches and triumphs that characterized the Civil Rights era.

A unique and moving exploration of how racial relations have evolved over the past five decades, While the World Watched is an incredible testament to how far we’ve come–and how far we have yet to go.
Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice --> no restrictions
  • Author: Philip Hoose
  • Narrator: Channie Waites
  • Published: 2009 / Brilliance Audio
Quote:
On March 2, 1955, a slim, bespectacled teenager refused to give up her seat to a white woman on a segregated bus in Montgomery, Alabama. Shouting “It’s my constitutional right!” as police dragged her off to jail, Claudette Colvin decided she’d had enough of the Jim Crow segregation laws that had angered and puzzled her since she was a young child.

But instead of being celebrated, as Rosa Parks would be when she took the same stand nine months later, Claudette found herself shunned by many of her classmates and dismissed as an unfit role model by the black leaders of Montgomery. Undaunted, she put her life in danger a year later when she dared to challenge segregation yet again–as one of four plaintiffs in the landmark busing case Browder v. Gayle.

Based on extensive interviews with Claudette Colvin and many others, Phillip Hoose presents the first in-depth account of a major, yet little-known, civil rights figure whose story provides a fresh perspective on the Montgomery bus protest of 1955-56. Historic figures like Martin Luther King, Jr., and Rosa Parks play important roles, but center stage belongs to the brave, bookish girl whose two acts of courage were to affect the course of American history.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-11-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:59 AM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
New titles up for the week.

Week 09 --> 10~16 Jul 2014
Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice -- Philip Hoose
While the World Watched -- Carolyn M McKinstry, Denise George
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot all about it.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #55
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot all about it.
No karma for you today, tubular one!(ha)
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #56
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Don't overlook the accompanying 13-page reference guide (which SYNC does not mention, AFAIK). Audible has posted the link under the audiobook's Publisher's Summary on this page, which link directs one to this downloadable PDF document.

(Had I known about this supplement earlier, I'd have downloaded it at the time I "bought" McKinstry's ebook, when it was a NOOK freebie.)

Last edited by Froide; 07-11-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Don't overlook the accompanying 13-page reference guide (which SYNC does not mention, AFAIK). Audible has posted the link under the audiobook's Publisher's Summary on this page, which link directs one to this downloadable PDF document.

(Had I known about this supplement earlier, I'd have downloaded it at the time I "bought" McKinstry's ebook, when it was a NOOK freebie.)
Nice find
Old 07-16-2014, 05:24 AM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last day to download:
Old 07-17-2014, 06:40 AM   #59
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Last day to download:
I thought I missed these - but it appears they have extended the download for these 2 thru today!

Thanks tubemonkey!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #60
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
I thought I missed these - but it appears they have extended the download for these 2 thru today!

Thanks tubemonkey!
YW - you squeaked in just under the wire. Week 10 titles should appear in about 9 min.

They actually change titles every Thur at 7am ET. It's easier to say they expire the full day before. Most people don't think of offers expiring during the early hours of the morning.