Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Chess, Sokoban, Checkers for Onyx Boox

Hi!

These applications are available for download on my web site: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/index.html

IMPORTANT: AS IS - NO WARRANTY.

They should work with all the models of Onyx Boox readers, support keys and stylus control.

Questions and proposals are welcomed!

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 04-05-2012 at 05:12 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thanks!
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Thanks! Just tested it - works fine! Sokoban was my very first PC game
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!

Othello (Reversi) and Minesweeper are in the plans!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
JIPG
JIPG began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60S
Hello Sergey,

I have tried your nice chess program, and it plays very well.
I played with version 1.2.3 and it worked flawlessly. Nevertheless, I have tried with version 1.2.4 and it does not work. It only does a blink, and thats all.

I have an Onyx Boox 60S (without stylus and two years old) with the last firmware version 1.5.1 (20110629).

As reference, Sokoban game also works, but not Checkers.

Can you guess the reason version 1.2.3 works fine and version 1.2.4 no?

Anyway, I have translated the new strings for Spanish language in version 1.2.4, and I attach the file with the new strings added. I expect they can be useful for other users.

Thank you again for your program. As a chess fan, I have found another utility for my boox.

JIPG
Attached Files
File Type: zip messages.zip (4.2 KB, 349 views)
JIPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Hi!

First, thanks VERY much for translations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG View Post
As reference, Sokoban game also works, but not Checkers.
Can you guess the reason version 1.2.3 works fine and version 1.2.4 no?
Sure, I'll try to fix it! But I need your help.

First
1. Did you do a "clean" installation? This means completely remove 1.2.3 and install 1.2.4?
2. Do you see the "pbchess.log.txt" file in the pbchess directory? Please send me it's contents if yes;
Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
JIPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

First, thanks VERY much for translations!

Sure, I'll try to fix it! But I need your help.

First
1. Did you do a "clean" installation? This means completely remove 1.2.3 and install 1.2.4?
2. Do you see the "pbchess.log.txt" file in the pbchess directory? Please send me it's contents if yes;
Hello Sergey,

My question was more related to the SDK you used for compilation of both versions (are they different?), or the differences in the .cfg file (the path for the files are not now in it, ...).

Regarding your questions:
1. Yes, I removed the full pbchess folder for 1.2.3 version and put a new one (with the same name of course) for the 1.2.4 version.
2. In version 1.2.3, yes, I had a file "pbchess.log.txt" (in fact I deleted it by mistake with the pbchess folder and I lost all my problems solved!). With version 1.2.4, no file is created (the clock appears, a blink, and nothing more happens).

I am sorry, but I have no more information that can help. Do you want me to carry out any other specific check to investigate?.

Thank you anyway for you interest.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
stex27
stex27 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
What about the official web site of onyx ? i cannot find it.
I guess that should be somewhere . is it possible to download firmware and manual from there ? until now i cannot find it. A lot of web site are just retailer web site . i little bit confusing .
stex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 AM   #9
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stex27 View Post
What about the official web site of onyx ? i cannot find it.
I guess that should be somewhere . is it possible to download firmware and manual from there ? until now i cannot find it. A lot of web site are just retailer web site . i little bit confusing .
http://www.onyx-international.com/en/ ?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #10
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Hello Sergey,
My question was more related to the SDK you used for compilation of both versions (are they different?), or the differences in the .cfg file (the path for the files are not now in it, ...).
Hi!

SDK was the same. I've built the universal SDK for all the Onyx Boox models.

There are no absolute paths in pbchess.cfg of 1.2.4 version because I've made pbchess installation path-independent. You can install it into another directory (not ROOT/pbchess). You also can install both pbchess versions now: 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 (into another folder).

Quote:
I am sorry, but I have no more information that can help. Do you want me to carry out any other specific check to investigate?.
Our further steps:

1. Download the file:
http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/onyx/ls.oar
copy to your book and run it. It will make your file system listing into ls.oar.txt file (in the same directory where you put ls.oar file). Please send me ls.oar.txt file;
2. Download the file:
http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/...bchess.dbg.oar
copy to your book and run it. This file contains an absolute path to pbchess.oar. You should correct it if you installed pbchess 1.2.4 in other directory (not "ROOT/pbchess"). It will provide some diagnostic information why program doesn't run into pbchess.dbg.oar.txt file (in the same directory where you put pbchess.dbg.oar file) Please send me pbchess.dbg.oar.txt file.

My email is vlasovsoft@mail.ru

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 03-14-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
JIPG

pbchess 1.2.4 not working in boox A60S

Quote:
Hi!

Our further steps:

1. Download the file:
http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/onyx/ls.oar
copy to your book and run it. It will make your file system listing into ls.oar.txt file (in the same directory where you put ls.oar file). Please send me ls.oar.txt file;
2. Download the file:
http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/...bchess.dbg.oar
copy to your book and run it. This file contains an absolute path to pbchess.oar. You should correct it if you installed pbchess 1.2.4 in other directory (not "ROOT/pbchess"). It will provide some diagnostic information why program doesn't run into pbchess.dbg.oar.txt file (in the same directory where you put pbchess.dbg.oar file) Please send me pbchess.dbg.oar.txt file.
Hello Sergey,

I have run the oar files as indicated. I have passed you in a private message the content of pbchess.dbg.oar.txt and here the file ls.oar.txt.

It seems that there is a missing library (the following message is recorded: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /media/flash/pbchess/pbchess.oar)).

Any help will be appreciated.

J. Ignacio
Attached Files
File Type: txt ls.oar.txt (800.9 KB, 516 views)
Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Thanks!

The problem is clear now.

You have libstdc++.so.6.0.8 but pbchess requires libstdc++.so.6.0.9.

I'll prepare update tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
JIPG

Quote:
Thanks!

The problem is clear now.

You have libstdc++.so.6.0.8 but pbchess requires libstdc++.so.6.0.9.

I'll prepare update tomorrow.
Thank you!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #14
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Try this:

1. Download the archive: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/..._onyx.a60s.zip
2. Unpack it;
3. Copy it's contents (lib directory and pbchess.a60s.oar file) into pbchess directory on your A60S;
4. Run pbchess.a60s.oar.

Send me pbchess.a60s.oar.txt again if something wrong.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Otello is a winner hope to see it soon
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote