Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thumbs up News from Bookeen about firmware upgrade

I wrote and asked Bookeen support what the status of the upgrade was, and got a reply about 2 minutes later (!) as follows:

Quote:
The software upgrade will be available very soon. It should be available on the first week of April.
We will announce it on the blog and we will add a support link on our
website.

Best regards,
Bookeen Support Team
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
ppxnouse
Connoisseur
ppxnouse began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Not sure if this is worth to be put on the front-page since we saw mails like that with various advertised release dates from bookeen over the past few months :-).

Anyway. Good luck to all of us that they keep their date this time.
ppxnouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's just as worth being on the frontpage then Amazon's CEO saying they might possibly maybe get enough stock to someday sometime soonish to fill the backorders for the Kindle.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I wrote and asked Bookeen support what the status of the upgrade was, and got a reply about 2 minutes later (!) as follows:
Oh, Bother! I was so looking forward to a firmware update. Now I'm depressed; I'll have to go to the 'fridge and scarf down a ton of 'comfort food' to console myself.

Drat you, Bookeen! Drat you to Heck!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Oh, Bother! I was so looking forward to a firmware update. Now I'm depressed; I'll have to go to the 'fridge and scarf down a ton of 'comfort food' to console myself.

Drat you, Bookeen! Drat you to Heck!

Derek
Just remember, you cannot blame Bookeen if you get fat.

Coulda had a V8.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just remember, you cannot blame Bookeen if you get fat.

Coulda had a V8.

Sorry? WHAT did you say?!? I cannot blame Bookeen!?! *I* live in sunny (well, more like hazy right this minute), beautiful, liberal, litigious California! We can blame, sue and demand compensation from *ALL* the deep-pockets down the line of causality!

(Not that I would of course. I may live here, but I'm a Libertarian and not one of those sue-at-the-drop-of-a-hat types. )

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppxnouse View Post
Anyway. Good luck to all of us that they keep their date this time.
That's the problem with announced dates.

I'd just as soon they release it when it is ready, and not push it out the door to meet a deadline.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
So we can probably expect it around the end of April.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #9
viejo
viejo began at the beginning.

Device: Waiting for CyBook Gen3
These will be 'my' first upgrade
Gen3 came on friday.
viejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
For anyone that's considering buying a Cybook and is a little put off by the "GIV US FIRMWARE NOOOOWWWW!", then please bear in mind that generally speaking it's not an absolute necessity. The Cybook works fine at the moment, the firmware is for extra functionality and polish - and some minor bugs.

It's not like we're all sitting here with useless devices waiting for Bookeen to fix em.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Thanks to ProfJulie, I can at least read library ebooks. I had considered waiting for the update. Glad now that I didn't.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
It's not like we're all sitting here with useless devices waiting for Bookeen to fix em.
Perfectly useful but the navigation is painfully slow if you have 100 or more books on it and I am becoming more and more irritated with the lack of page number or lack of a sense how much is left of a short story or a novel.

A just read a story in _a Logic Names Joe_ and the lack of page number was really irritating and I would also like page number in the TOC but that is probably impossible so i assume you have to jump to the next story to see how much you have left to read in the current story.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:07 PM   #13
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Perfectly useful but the navigation is painfully slow if you have 100 or more books on it and I am becoming more and more irritated with the lack of page number or lack of a sense how much is left of a short story or a novel.

A just read a story in _a Logic Names Joe_ and the lack of page number was really irritating and I would also like page number in the TOC but that is probably impossible so i assume you have to jump to the next story to see how much you have left to read in the current story.
Page numbers in an inline HTML TOC ? You'd need CSS3 for this.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:14 PM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Page numbers in an inline HTML TOC ? You'd need CSS3 for this.
Or a special MobiPocket format tag that are supported by the reader.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Thanks HarryT for following up with Bookeen and posting their response.

I think Bookeen must be close to final with this update and I hope the few extra days will result in a great update. Since I can read my library books now, I can wait. My Cybook is working quite well.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote