Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
CaptainProton
CaptainProton began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
Question Annotations sync between Windows PC and iPad

Hi everyone

I'm looking for a way to establish a perfect sync for my epub and pdf collection. What I mean by that is that I would like to be able to read and annotate both PDFs and Epubs on iPad and PC, and have the changes reflect both ways. For example, if I were to make any comment or annotation on iPad, those annotations would be also available and readable on Windows. Same goes vice versa.

How Kindle app works is a perfect example. You can make highlights and they get synced on all platforms. Where Kindle fails me is support for ebooks which haven't been bought on Kindle store. Also it's good that it supports PDFs, but Kindle doesn't sync them across devices.

So I basically need an app or a set of apps that can do this for me. I'm quite flexible on choosing the tools, as long as it all works once I set it up. Also, naturally, the less different apps need to be used is certainly a bonus, but it's not necessary.

Any ideas?
CaptainProton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Play Books lets you upload your own ePub and PDF, annotations, etc. They don't have PC app but you can use web browser. Mostly the issue is there is no concept of folders or tags and sort order is always by Recent, to organize content so you have to depend on Search as your library scales up. But it is free, and has a great annotation export feature.

Bookari and Bluefire Reader are a couple of other options. Both support Adobe DRM, and have apps for iOS and Android (BF has a PC app, Bookari has a browser reader). Of those two I think Bookari is more feature rich and focused on end users. But I have never used sync features of either.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, highlights, kindle, sync, windows