Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
ImpalaEd
Edge User

Canadian User

Hello: Has anyone discovered an E book source in Canada. We Canadians cannot purchase books from US retailers. I'm a little miffed, I can buy the E-Reader but I can't buy books, Hmmmm.
Any help in access to books would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 12-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Welcome to the forums, ImpalaEd

I'm Canadian, and I've bought a good number of books from Kobo and Sony in addition to the enTourage ebook store. See the second post here for the URLs: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...p?1115-E-Books. As a rule, if a book is available as an ebook, I've been able to buy it somewhere.

I do often hunt and seek for the best deal. Most sites don't indicate region on each book, but if you've logged in with an account and the system knows your Country, then it should show only titles you can actually buy.

Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
ImpalaEd
Edge User

One more question

Thanks for the help Boris. One more question.
I've gotten as far as downloading a book from Kobo into Adobe DE, Now I can't get the book moved into the Edge library. I copied the files onto a memory stick, opened the Edge library to do the import, when I attempt to import , the Edge tells me the book is not licensed to this device.
Do I have to move the license file with the book file?
Thanks, Ed W

Old 12-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
borisb
Edge User

This usually means you used a different Adobe ID to purchase the book than what you registered on the eDGe.

You can try setting/resetting the Adobe ID on your eDGe to match what you used on Kobo/Adobe DE as follows:
- from the LCD home screen, press the "Menu" button, then "Settings"
- tap "eDGe Settings" then "Register This enTourage eDGe Device"
- fill in your name and the email address you used to register with enTourage
- check the "Use a different Username and Password for Adobe" and fill in the email address and password you used in Adobe DE
- tap "Register"

Now you can try adding the book to your Library again (remove it first, if necessary) and see if that helps.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
ImpalaEd
Edge User

Thanks Boris

Thanks for the help Boris.
I went to Entourage and re-registered the Edge. This synchronised the two accounts, Edge and Adobe.
I'm happily reading my first book.

Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
gamalen
Edge User

I'm Canadian also and I've been using Kobo.ca to purchase E-books from. If you sign up for their email letters, they often have promo codes in them. I have also been using the local library to download epub books for free.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #7
borisb
Edge User

Welcome to the forums, gamalen

I'm finding Kobo Books to be a great source of eBooks in Canada.