Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
kevinmacdonald
kevinmacdonald began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Computer malfunction, everything has gone!

Hi guys and girls, I replied to a post here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...54#post2194854 and I was advised by the forum to post as a new thread because the original post is "old" Basically, my mac died, lost all my books However, I have them all nice and organized on my kindle, with their series numbers, authors and other pedantic ways of organizing things. However, as I said, my computer is dead and Ive managed to add all the books back to my calibre library no problem but it didn't copy over the organisation I had. Even just the book series would be excellent. Any ideas?
kevinmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
kevinmacdonald
kevinmacdonald began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Should have said, running a MacBook Air osX 10.5.8 Calibre 0.8.59 and i have a kindle of some sort, the 2011 release I think. I have no idea..oops
kevinmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
It won't help repair your current library but I would suggest either moving or copying your library to Dropbox or similar program. I use dropbox and can view my current library on both my desktop and my laptop. I also back up to a usb drive and to an external hard drive periodically.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
For the series if you configure the metadata download to just get the series info a bulk metadata download should do the trick. Might take a while if you have a lot of books but pretty handy all the same
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote