Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #6196
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
OK, let's make this wide open: song titles with a girl's name. Have at it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #6197
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Being alphabetical: Annie's Song, Barbra Ann, Sweet Caroline.

That got too hard.
Sweet Caroline, Lola, Michelle, Her Name Was Joanne, Ramona, My Sharona, Peggy Sue.

Last edited by Shayne Parkinson; 03-21-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #6198
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Alice's Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie
Poor Little Allison - Gordon Lightfoot
Fairwell Angelina -
Adelita - Kingston Trio
Angie - Burt Janch
Ave Maria - God
Barbra Ann - Beach Boys
Barbra Allan - Anon
Bernadine - Pat Boone
Bobby McGee - Kris Kristoferson
This could take all day! I've been playing guitar for waaaay too many years! I'm going to sit this one out!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #6199
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Beth - Kiss
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #6200
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Alison and Veronica by Elivs Costello?
Roisin - trad song (she can be a woman)
Karen - The go betweens
Angie - Rolling stones - is that different to Stichy's Angie?
Gloria - Van Morrison
Annie - Ronnie Lane (bloke helping)
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #6201
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sad Lisa - Cat Steven (bloke again)
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Julia - The Beatles
Hey Jude - The Beatles (was that a girl?)
Susanne - Leonard Cohen
Suzy Q - Bloke can't remember who did it.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #6202
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I'm assuming these don't have to be only popular songs. I have thought of a few of these and then quite a number of French and German songs (and a couple of English ones) where I have given the composer.

Laura
Sweet Adeline
My Darling Clementine
Maria (West Side Story)
Annie Laurie
Salome (Brahms)
Therese (Brahms)
Daphne (Walton)
Beatriz's Song (Walton
Dido's Lament (Purcell)
Gretchen am Spinnrade (Schubert)
An Silvia (Schubert)
Le Manoir de Rosamonde (Duparc)
Phidyle (Duparc)
A Clymene (Faure)
La chanson d'Eve (Faure)
Nell (Faure)
D'Anne jouant de l'espinette (Ravel)
Chanson pour Jeanne (Chabrier)
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #6203
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Was going to make a cup of tea, but now manic!
Aura Lee - traditional song
Adeline - barber shop quartets
Daisy - a stylish marrriage not in a carriage
Dear Prudence - Beatles
So Long Marianne - Leonard Cohen
Mary's boy child - Harry Belafonte (bloke)
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #6204
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

How do you solve a problem like Maria? - Sound of Music
Hello Dolly - don't remember who
Pamela Pamela - remember the day

Last edited by SneakySnake; 03-21-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #6205
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Diana - She's so old - don't remember who
Mairi's wedding - old scottish wedding
Peggy Gordon - Luke Kelly
Aunty Mary (lost the lid of the teapot)
Polly put the kettle on
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #6206
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Cracklin' Rosie
(A New Zealand one) Cheryl Moana Marie
Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #6207
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
A few more of my favorites that haven't been named yet.

Billie Jean- Michael Jackson
Darling Nikki - Prince
Michelle- The Beatles
Jolene- Dolly Parton
Lola- The Kinks
Roxanne - The Police
A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #6208
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Moving into my childhood.....
Sylvia's Mother - Dr Hook
Living next door to Alice - Smokie
Delta Dawn - Tanya Tucker
Evie -Stevie Wright
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #6209
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Sunny - Boney M (girl or boy?)
Anna Liffey - Dubliners (bloke helping again)
Wendy - the blow up doll (bloke)
Dicey Riley - Dubliners (bloke again)
Delia's gone - leadbelly (bloke)
There must be loads with Polly in the title....
Old 03-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #6210
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Maggie - wandering through the hills
Maggie May - Rod Stewart