Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-02-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
jhh
jhh began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Jailbreak for Kindle 2019 10th Generation (not Paperwhite)?

Hello everyone!
I'm noob here.
I've just ordered the all-new Kindle 10th generation 2019 basic, not the Paperwhite, and I'm wondering if it's jailbreakable?

jhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope (like, at all).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm noob here.
I've just ordered the all-new Kindle 10th generation 2019 basic, not the Paperwhite, and I'm wondering if it's jailbreakable?

Which is known here as a KT4.
Check this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers (near the bottom).
If the first six characters of your device are not (yet) included in that table, please post the following information:
First six characters (only);
Kindle's color;
Hmm... A "Basic" is Wifi only (not possible to have 3g/4g)
Country of sale;
Country of destination.

- - - - -

Jailbreakable?
Perhaps, in the past the KT* models have sometimes been an exception.
*) Tell us what firmware version it has when it arrives:
*) Do not let it connect to the Internet until you can add the "Blocker" directory name in visible, USB storage.
Note: The start-up process may ask if it can connect to the Internet to complete the setup process, check for fine print on screen, you should be able to find a "Continue Later" button.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
jhh

Arrived now!

Black US model with special offers.
The serial is G0910L which is already in the table.
Firmware is 5.11.0.
I've skipped registration and added the update.bin.tmp.partial folder.
Looking forward if there's hope to JB it...

Thank you!
Old 06-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
Arrived now!

Black US model with special offers.
The serial is G0910L which is already in the table.
Firmware is 5.11.0.
I've skipped registration and added the update.bin.tmp.partial folder.
Looking forward if there's hope to JB it...

Thank you!
Once you have that "blocker" folder name in place, you can continue to register and use the Kindle normally.

The device is fairly new, so it will be awhile before there are a lot of them for members to look at.
Most likely, someone will be in touch with you by PM if they need you to check things for them.
Note: Jail breaks are not discussed in public until they are released.
No sense in letting Amazon/Lab126 know in advance where they may have made a mistake.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The device is fairly new, so it will be awhile before there are a lot of them for members to look at.
I have a copy of factory 5.11.0 and unfortunately, Amazon already patched the ;installHtml method in 5.11.0. I reckon it'll be a while before someone finds a new exploit. Spoke too soon. I'm now a happy owner of a jailbroken KT4.

@NiLuJe.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 06-03-2019 at 09:08 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #7
jhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Spoke too soon. I'm now a happy owner of a jailbroken KT4.
Great news!
Does that mean a JB will be released anytime soon?
Old 06-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #8
burcbuluklu
burcbuluklu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10 2019 New Generation
I can help to

I also have just got this device and I'm ready to help developers to release the jailbreak.
burcbuluklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I think that's at least the second time being overly pessimistic about a new device led to a JB in the two following hours .

I have a bit of cleaning up to do, but this should be out later today if all goes well.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:39 AM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While @NiLuJe’s working on the new jailbreak package, here’s the KT4 factory firmware 5.11.0.

https://mega.nz/#!nnhGGISZ!NRIEbwAPT...cPV5B-tL1-75lM

md5: fd3e7ed8ebea59432163a5e713cd90c5
sha256: 64a8891cba9af919af5b9b4d4ee5550305c0fda07c94e9132b 5e4d9f945e2f51

Last edited by ilovejedd; 06-04-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:54 AM   #11
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
While @NiLuJe’s working on the new jailbreak package, here’s the KT4 factory firmware 5.11.0.

I am thinking to get this Kindle Basic 2019 and retire my DX. I use my DX to read .pdf. It works perfect with the native .pdf engine. I try Librerator R2 to it review its .pdf reflow facility. But it always crashed to render two column .pdf with tables and figures. My DX then restarted after the crash. Probably because RAM is only 128MB on DX.

So I am thinking with its 512MB RAM, what would be others say on their experience with KOReader for .pdf reflow? @ilovejedd Did you encounter very often crash?
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKuns View Post
So I am thinking with its 512MB RAM, what would be others say on their experience with KOReader for .pdf reflow? @ilovejedd Did you encounter very often crash?
No idea. I use the Kindle strictly for prose. For PDFs, I use 10" or bigger tablets.

Honestly, I think native PDF on the 9.7" DX is better than reflow on a 6" device.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:52 AM   #13
jhh

@DeKuns KOReader PDF reflow works fine for me on the Kindle 2019 "basic", and for me it's a crucial feature for small screen. But as ilovejedd noted sometimes I find the experience better without reflow. Even then, KOReader has better zoom options (page width etc.) than the almost useless native viewer.

Last edited by jhh; 06-14-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #14
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
@jhh thanks for your info. I will pull the trigger once the 25% discount is in horizon. I missed that last weekend.
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:04 AM   #15
bukreeder
bukreeder began at the beginning.

Device: All New Amazon Kindle Basic 2019
Quote:

Hi my kindle is updated to version 5.11.1. So, I checked the serial number matches with model KT4.
Can I use this patch to jailbreak ? I want to change lock screen image and stuff..
bukreeder is offline   Reply With Quote