Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-07-2023, 06:32 AM   #856
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
I can see why there might be benefit in rooting a Kindle to read epub books without the pain of converting them. What is the advantage of rooting a Boyue device which is running Android and has a link to the Google Play store for alternative reading apps? Am I missing something here?
Yes, I can't see the point. On my Boyue Likebook Mars, I can turn the Google blob on/off and also directly install any APK from any website via download on the native web browser without having to enable a hidden developer mode. I wish all Android phones & tablets had that. But OTOH I've never needed to "root" any of my android devices as repeated tap on suitable system info enables developer mode and then you can add any APK and also use PC tools (at least Windows and Linux) to remove packages that can be uninstalled on the phone/tablet, if you know real name. There is a Playstore app to display real filenames.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 04:27 PM   #857
jaqb
jaqb began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas T103D
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Have you tried to just rerun the flashing process? The 221 img should be the full 3.0.2 and wipe the device in the process then you can take update 283 (3.1.1) which is a normal update.zip that is ran off the mimas as an OTA.

Are you able to get back into the Bootloader for flashing again?
Yes - i tried many times with the same effect. Black screen after load.
jaqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 01:10 PM   #858
jaqb

Does anyone have the previous (orginal) firmware (img) with Android 6.x for Mimas ? Please
Old 07-22-2023, 05:07 AM   #859
Gustaw
Gustaw began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
What version number do you need?
Gustaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 02:05 PM   #860
jaqb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaw View Post
What version number do you need?
Hi, I need with Android 6.x. The exact version does not matter. Many thanks.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:44 AM   #861
bsh
bsh began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqb View Post
Yes - i tried many times with the same effect. Black screen after load.
Hi,

had the same problem as you and was able to successfully flash. I changed three things at once so i don't know what helped in the end but I

1. added a fresh formatted FAT32 SD-Card (didn't use one before and apparently the SoC needs one for flashing?)
2. Gone from AndroidTool 2.3 to RKDevTool 2.86 (https://dl.radxa.com/tools/windows/R...ease_v2.86.zip)
3. Do EraseFlash before update

hope that helps,

Best Benedikt

Last edited by bsh; 09-08-2023 at 03:46 AM.
bsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 04:35 PM   #862
jaqb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsh View Post
Hi,

had the same problem as you and was able to successfully flash. I changed three things at once so i don't know what helped in the end but I

1. added a fresh formatted FAT32 SD-Card (didn't use one before and apparently the SoC needs one for flashing?)
2. Gone from AndroidTool 2.3 to RKDevTool 2.86 (https://dl.radxa.com/tools/windows/R...ease_v2.86.zip)
3. Do EraseFlash before update

hope that helps,

Best Benedikt
Many thanks Benedikt
It worked after doing point 2 and 3 and with this software AndroidTool 2.3 to RKDevTool 2.86.

I only notice that my touch screen need calibrations. With stylus pen it's ok but when i touch by my fingers i saw offset. Where I can find this calibration ?