Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #406
albar
albar began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Oren64, thanks very much for the in-en and en-in dictionaries you provided me, maybe it would be worth having them in the already converted and available dictionaries list, what do you think ?

Regards
Alain
albar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #407
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It can be done but not with the files you posted dicthtml, you need files like stardict or GBL.

Maybe you can find the dictionaries here.
Hi! Here are the files in the sequence to be shown in the popup window:

1) Babylon_English_Italian (you can leave the pronunciacion signs and the italian definitions too and remove the other stuff)
2) en_it (if you can turn it in small letters, it’s better )
3) wiktionary

All condensed
Attached Files
File Type: zip Babylon_English_Italian.zip (6.14 MB, 289 views)
File Type: zip en_it.zip (3.86 MB, 319 views)
File Type: zip wikt-en-en-2015-07-17.zip (17.94 MB, 400 views)
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #408
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
1) Babylon_English_Italian (you can leave the pronunciacion signs and the italian definitions too and remove the other stuff)
I don't understand what you mean, here an example tell me what do you want me to remove.

Code:
lubrication
noun

[lu·bri·ca·tion || ‚luːbrɪ'keɪʃn]

lubrificazione, ingrassaggio
Quote:
you mean lowercase?

Last edited by oren64; 01-30-2018 at 12:39 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:58 AM   #409
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean, here an example tell me what do you want me to remove.

Code:
lubrication
noun

[lu·bri·ca·tion || ‚luːbrɪ'keɪʃn]

lubrificazione, ingrassaggio

you mean lowercase?
Yes, lowercase

Here are the examples:

(The red it’s only here, to distinguish the first from the second dictionary. About wiktionary here I’ve based on the one posted in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=367 but I’ve attached before only the version I could find: if you have got a better one, you are welcome)

manage 'mænɪdʒ riuscire a, fare in modo di; (assol) farcela; amministrare, dirigere, reggere, governare; manovrare, maneggiare, guidare; (fam) poter dare; trattare; (Equit) addestrare | maneggiare. manovrare. condurre. dirigere. sistemare. riuscire n. 1 (now rare) The act of managing or controlling something. 2 (horseriding) manège. vb. 1 (transitive) To direct or be in charge of. 2 (transitive) To handle or control (a situation, job). 3 (transitive) To handle with skill, wield (a tool, weapon etc.). 4 (intransitive) To succeed at an attempt

peep pɪːp sbirciata, sguardo furtivo; occhiata, rapido sguardo; lo spuntare, il primo apparire. spiare; sogguardare, guardare di sottecchi, sbirciare; fare capolino, spuntare, affacciarsi | pigolare. squittire. pigolio. squittio. spiare. spuntare. sbirciata. scorcio acr. 1 (slang) A World War II jeep attached to an armored regiment. 2 (medicine) '''P'''ositive '''e'''nd-'''e'''xpiratory '''p'''ressure. n. (US) A soft marshmallow candy, shaped into a baby animal for Easter celebration. 1 n. 1 A quiet sound, particularly one from a baby bird. 2 A feeble utterance or complaint. 3 The sound of a steam engine's whistle; typically shrill. 4 A kind of bird; a sandpiper. vb. 1 To make a soft, shrill noise like a baby bird. 2 To speak briefly with a quiet voice. 2 n. A quick look or glimpse, especially a furtive one. vb. To look, especially while trying not to be seen or noticed. 3 n. (obsolete) A spot on a die or domino. 4 n. (context British slang) person.

means 'mɪːns mezzi termini | significa. intende. miseri. avari. vili. scortesi. modi. beni n. 1 (plural of mean) 2 (countable singular and plural) An instrument or condition for attaining a purpose. vb. (en-third-person singular of: mean)

crag balza, dirupo, rupe, roccia scoscesa | guglia. picco. spuntone [di roccia] n. 1 A rocky outcrop. 2 (geology) A partially compacted bed of gravel mixed with shells, of the Tertiary age.

ooze uːz stillicidio; liquido che filtra; (Conc) liquido da concia. colare, stillare, fluire lentamente, filtrare; trasudare; trapelare; (fig) rivelare, far trasparire, far trapelare; (fig) svanire lentamente, dileguarsi | fanghiglia. limo. melma. stillicidio. traspirazione. colare. filtrare 1 n. 1 Potion of vegetable matter used for leather tanning. 2 secretion, humour. 3 A thick often unpleasant liquid; muck. 4 A pelagic marine sediment containing a significant amount of the microscopic remains of either calcareous or siliceous planktonic debris organisms. vb. 1 (intransitive) To be secreted or slowly leak. 2 (intransitive figuratively) To give off a sense of (something). 2 n. 1 soft mud, slime, or shells on the bottom of a body of water. 2 A piece of soft, wet, pliable turf. 3 The liquor of a tanning vat.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:12 AM   #410
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
3) wiktionary
It's the best I can do, can't combine them one entry every dictionary have it's on entry.

English-(English-Italian) dictionary.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #411
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
It's the best I can do, can't combine them one entry every dictionary have it's on entry.

English-(English-Italian) dictionary.
Many thanks!! You are very courteus. It's a great work.
I'll keep the dictionary happily.
It could be even better with the entries shown in the 1) 2) 3) order

Thanks again
Old 02-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #412
miozet
miozet began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello, I tried to convert babylon stardict dictionary to kobo dictionary. But I couldnt manage it.

Can someone please convert it for me?

Babylon_English_Turkish dictionary
miozet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:23 AM   #413
Taner
Taner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Turkish > Turkish
Osmanli > Turkish

https://yadi.sk/d/CrDpAyyk3NnqiJ
https://yadi.sk/d/X1Lr2BQo3Nnqif
https://yadi.sk/d/74Lohn6A3Nnqj2

Last edited by Taner; 02-23-2018 at 01:22 AM.
Taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:38 AM   #414
miozet
miozet began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taner View Post
I guess they are not English > Turkish right? I want to use Babylons English to Turkish dictionary instead of Kobos own dictionary. Its not good enough.
miozet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:28 PM   #415
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
AlPe,

Thanks for your work on this project. I'm totally not sure about this, but is is possible to have Wordnik as Kobo/e-reader dictionary?

Wordnik is the hip, cool, open dictionary project on the Internet.

New York times Article.

Two TED Talks by its founder, Erin McKean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
(I read the NYT article, but not watched the videos.)

I am not a lawyer, and I am not versed in US IP law. Their ToS ( https://www.wordnik.com/terms ) look confusing to me --- there are contradictory passages and it is not clear to me what license applies to the contents (if any at all).

Clearly, if you can retrieve/scrape (again, is this allowed by their ToS?) their contents, just save them as a CSV or XML file, then you can use Penelope to convert this file to the Kobo format.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avid01 View Post
AlPe, these are good questions! By all means, why not reach out to Erin McKean personally at the email provided under the Send Us Feedback! (spam protected) link on wordnik.com? I'm on the opinion she would very welcome such a cooperation!
@AlPe, I'm just reaching out because I'm curious if, perhaps do you have any update on this one? Alternatively, what can I do to help you to make this happen?

What can I do; I'm bored with bilingual dictionaries.

Thanks; I appreciate your work!

Last edited by avid01; 02-27-2018 at 08:32 PM.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #416
porterchance
porterchance began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can someone help on making a English-to-Chinese dictionary? Please please!!
porterchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:50 AM   #417
steven168
Zealot
steven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterchance View Post
get kindle reader and your problem solved.

all dictionary free are there
steven168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:51 PM   #418
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterchance View Post
If you install Koreader, you will then be able to install Stardict dictionaries. I have about 7 Chinese dictionaries which I use with Koreader on my KA1.

I'm sure there are probably some English-Chinese Stardict dictionaries out there. I chiefly use Chinese-Chinese or Chinese-English ones.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #419
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Issue to order shown dictionaries

Hi, I've still problems with some dictionaries that I merged with penelope. I've tried to merge txt Tab files by copy-pasting in an unique file but without good end. What must I do to have the dictionaries shown in the pop-up windows of the kobo dictionary in a desired order?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #420
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Dictionary sharing

After many tries I converted "WordNet 3 Infused IT English to Italian"
from mobi to kobo format.
I thought it'd be great to share it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-it.zip (13.59 MB, 623 views)

Tags
kobo dictionaries