Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Red face Embarrassing Moments

Dropped in on a neighbour (Kalela) last evening, she was kneeling on her lounge room floor cutting some fabric - white satin and lace.

"Ooh," say I "...are you making a wedding dress?" She's a seamstress, so its not unusual to see her making or altering garments for friends etc.

Quietly, almost a whisper, Kalela replied, "No, it's to go over a coffin."

She went on to tell me her nephew died a few days ago. Kalela is from one of the small Pacific Island states, so she's flown there this morning for the funeral on Tuesday.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:32 AM   #2
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Shortly after starting a new job (I was much younger) I complimented a co-worker on her hair. She said “if you like it, you can have it”, pulled the wig off her head and threw it at me.

She was laughing her head off, and once I got over the shock I was able to laugh with her.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I went to the gym today and got on the treadmill. The ambient music was a little louder than usual and I was trying to concentrate on my audiobook without ruining my hearing by cranking up the volume, so I closed my eyes. The next thing I knew, the treadmill had spat me on my arse onto the floor.

Last edited by issybird; 10-24-2018 at 06:38 PM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
(Why don't we have LIKE buttons here??! )
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I went to the gym today and got on the treadmill. The ambient music was a little louder than usual and I was trying to concentrate on my audiobook without ruining my hearing by cranking up the volume, so I closed my eyes. The next thing I knew, the treadmill had spat me on my arse onto the floor.
Selfie?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2018, 06:11 AM   #6
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
I recall an embarrassing situation I went through in the 1990's when mobile phones were a recent advent. It was an extremely busy day in my office when I was frantically making calls and responding to various calls on my mobile and office phones regarding our Board meeting and presentation scheduled next day.

In the hustle and bustle of late office hours I got a call from my friend insisting me to be present at the buddies' beer party beginning in half an hour. I had no other choice but to tell a lie that I was on my way and a bit stuck in traffic, but I will be there in time.

There was a long silence, and I heard laughs from the other side. Then my friend's voice came "And don't forget to leave this damn landline phone in your office before you reach here..."

Last edited by drjd; 10-25-2018 at 06:16 AM.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm getting tired of the embarrassing moments, but as long as they keep happening, I'll keep bumping the thread.

Yesterday, my youngest sister (nine years younger) and I went together to have our hair done. She was finished before I was and came over to talk to me; my stylist said, "Is that your daughter?"!!!

People shouldn't make that kind of personal comment unless they're very, very sure.

PS: My sister loved it.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
"Birthday?" asked the cashier politely as I handed her the 6-pack of beer I'd selected.

"No," I said, just as politely; "Just a typical Sunday."

She stared at me blankly for several moments before I realized my error.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
"Birthday?" asked the cashier politely as I handed her the 6-pack of beer I'd selected.

"No," I said, just as politely; "Just a typical Sunday."

She stared at me blankly for several moments before I realized my error.
You were 'wearing' your Birthday Suit
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
As much as I'd rather believe that someone is constantly being startled in the act of stealing something from my car (or my car itself), I think it's time I accept the fact that I've picked up the rather bad habit of walking away from my car and leaving the driver-side door hanging wide open.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

This wasn’t embarrassing as much as it was mortifying.

My hair was scraped back in a bun (on account of no haircut since January) and I was wearing a baseball cap and oversized t-shirt. Not my best look, but I was on my way home from the beach and I still thought I was sufficiently decent for the liquor store. Except the cashier addressed me as “Sir.”

You’d think he could have carded me to make up for it, once he realized his error.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
How have I never seen this thread before?

LOL!
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:11 AM   #13
fum
Zealot
fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWII
I remember a time at work, we had a new female employee, and we were joking one another. Then after lunch, I saw her going to the bathroom, and i went after her and started knocking on the locked door with her inside. Then I ran.
I had forgot about it the next day, when a workers council rep. came to me and said the manager had a complaint on me for sexual harrasment, and I had to go to the manager asap. So I wen't, very very little. The manager didn't know what I was talking about, it was something the new employee had planned. Oh my she got me there. The manager was laughing her head off.
fum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:44 PM   #14
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
This wasn’t embarrassing as much as it was mortifying.

My hair was scraped back in a bun (on account of no haircut since January) and I was wearing a baseball cap and oversized t-shirt. Not my best look, but I was on my way home from the beach and I still thought I was sufficiently decent for the liquor store. Except the cashier addressed me as “Sir.”

You’d think he could have carded me to make up for it, once he realized his error.
Maybe coronavirus affects eyesight
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:15 AM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As a child, after moving from England to Canada, I attended a private boys school in Montreal. Grade 7 we had to do impromptu speeches; random topic, think for a minute, speak for two minutes.

I was a shy boy, got up on the small dais at the front of the class and received my topic. Girls!

I lent back to rest on the wall as I thought about it. Only problem was that I wasn't close to the wall! Wipe Out!!!!

I got to my feet and after the mass laughter died down, I started my speech. Here it is in its entirety.

"I have two sisters. They are both girls."

After the next round of mass laughter died down, it was decided that another student (Tom Watson) would take my place
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote