Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
fanton44
fanton44 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fundamental - and embarrassing problem

Hi,
I am using a Kindle Voyager and the latest version of Calibre in Windows 10.
I produced a *.pdf file document, which opens and displays in Calibre's library. I then send this item to my Kindle which is linked via USB cable to the PC. I can see the rotating hourglass symbol while 1 job is being done.
Still in Calibre, I switch to device and I can find my newly transferred file; it opens and displays as expected.
BUT - when I take the Kindle off its umbilical cord there is no corresponding file available on the Kindle (alphabetical order, search window).
The only way to make it available on the device is to send it by email to my kindle address.
Am I doing something incredibly stupid?
Fritz
fanton44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What filter are you using on the Kindle? I usually use All Items, but it can be set to restrict PDOCs (which IIRC includes PDF).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2016, 06:55 AM   #3
fanton44

The original file is a *.pdf document and it is reported to have been transformed to MOBI and PDF. Via email it actually arrives a such and can be read on the device.

Fritz
Old 02-01-2016, 08:34 AM   #4
fanton44

Nobody got any idea where to start looking?