Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2015, 01:07 AM   #1
Chidra
Chidra began at the beginning.

Device: none
How can I stop Calibre running at startup?

I have Calibre installed on a netbook running Ubuntu 12.04. It was doing fine till a few days ago when it began running at startup. Because the Calibre library is on a partition which does not auto-mount at startup, Calibre then complains that it cannot be found, and offers to create a new library. It was precisely to avoid this situation that I'd not added Calibre to Startup Applications. I checked my startup applications list again. Calibre isn't on it, & yet runs when I start my netbook. How can I stop it doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Chidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Undo whatever it is you did to make calibre run at startup. Probably you turned on session management in your desktop environment so that it restarts programs that were open at shutdown on the next startup.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert