Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-27-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
bookivore
bookivore began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
search box disappeared - how to get it back?

Somehow I removed the searchbox. I thought restoring it would be under the View menu or the context menu on the toolbars, but, no, I can't find it anywhere. While we're at it, is there a way to show a search box & button without the replace box & button? I'm a little paranoid about missing my click and hitting replace when I mean to hit search.
bookivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookivore View Post
Somehow I removed the searchbox. I thought restoring it would be under the View menu or the context menu on the toolbars, but, no, I can't find it anywhere.
There's an icon on the main toolbar that will open the Find & Replace widget (to the left of the "Paste" icon). It's the icon with the magnifying glass over a document. The first item under the "Search" menu will also reopen it. The default Keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookivore View Post
While we're at it, is there a way to show a search box & button without the replace box & button? I'm a little paranoid about missing my click and hitting replace when I mean to hit search.
No, there's not.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
bookivore
bookivore began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
/me facepalms. Thanks. I have these stupidity attacks now & then. Who'd have thought the search function would be so cleverly hidden under the "search" menu? Duh.
bookivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Happens to the best of us.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote