Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-18-2022, 07:48 AM   #1
steve_x
steve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Adding formats (mp3/mp4) in user defined usb driver plugin

Hello,

I also manage mp4 and mp3 files in calibre. I want to send them to an usb device.

When I try to send the file to the usb device I get an error message that no suitable format was found. I also cannot select mp4/mp3 when I want to send a file in a specific format (mp4/mp3) to the usb device.

In the configuration of the user defined usb driver plugin mp4/mp3 is not available for selection.

How can I send mp4/mp3 files to the usb device respectively how can I add mp4 and mp3 to the format list of the user defined usb driver plugin?

Thanks in advance, Steve.
steve_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 12:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'd have to run calibre from source and add those formats to the list of known ebook formats, it will be a one line patch. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html IIRC just add it to the BOOK_EXTENSIONS list in ebooks/__init__.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2022, 12:48 PM   #3
steve_x
steve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animalssteve_x is kind to children and small, furry animals

Thank you for the quick and useful info!

I will try to add the formats in the source code. If there are difficulties or it is very time consuming to follow the calibre updates, I will use a folder on the usb device as a workaround.
steve_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 02:39 PM   #4
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Calibre might not support directly transferring mp4/mp3 files to USB through its user-defined driver plugin. A workaround could be manually copying the files to your USB from the Calibre library folder on your computer. Alternatively, I've been using the Movavi app for nearly a year for video editing, resizing, and more, which might help your situation. For further details on its features, you can check out https://www.movavi.com/support/how-t...eo-editor.html.

Last edited by estral; 11-26-2023 at 04:27 PM.
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 04:01 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estral View Post
Calibre might not support directly transferring mp4/mp3 files to USB through its user-defined driver plugin. A workaround could be manually copying the files to your USB from the Calibre library folder on your computer. Alternatively, I've been using the Movavi app for nearly a year for video editing, resizing, and more, which might help your situation.
If you can do that you should be able to use the Save to disk->Save single format to disk... option to copy MP4s from the library to the USB device… directly.

BTW: You responded to a one year old thread.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert