Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #766
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Speech to text with an American accent?

Andrew
Hardly an excuse when presumably, the hapless writer would,remotely, possibly, actually perform an editing pass when all the dictation is done?

(Yeah, yeah, I know. Wishful thinking.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:29 PM   #767
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hardly an excuse when presumably, the hapless writer would,remotely, possibly, actually perform an editing pass when all the dictation is done?

(Yeah, yeah, I know. Wishful thinking.)

Hitch
I would guess not - "poorly written fanfic".

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2022, 07:40 PM   #768
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
One fanfic I was reading had some characters "diffusing" a nuclear bomb. I wondered if that meant they were actually setting it off.
OFGS. At least the transcriber had an excuse. Haste.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:22 PM   #769
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Downloading metadata for a new book and had to delete like 75% of the summary which was just weird blurb reviews.

At least this time none of the quoted reviews actually spoiled the ending. I've had that happen before and it pissed me off a bit.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:42 AM   #770
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Downloading metadata for a new book and had to delete like 75% of the summary which was just weird blurb reviews.
I have those from time-to-time. I've even had ones where the metadata included the whole first chapter!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2022, 06:47 PM   #771
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

At least this time none of the quoted reviews actually spoiled the ending. I've had that happen before and it pissed me off a bit.
I cannot stand review crap in a blurb that's supposed to only be a description.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 01:13 PM   #772
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reading a book where the protagonist is described as a wilderness survival expert. But then she runs away in panic from a bear. Okay, then.
Old 11-20-2022, 01:47 PM   #773
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Reading a book where the protagonist is described as a wilderness survival expert. But then she runs away in panic from a bear. Okay, then.
Well...if you've ever seen a bear in the wild, it's very bloody hard not to run. I don't care how trained you are. It's bad enough on the east coast (of the USA/CAN) with those "little" black bears, but I've lived in Kodiak and holy mother, those suckers....

Hitch
Old 11-20-2022, 01:51 PM   #774
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
I run from cows.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #775
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I run from cows.
Cows can be evil, don't let anybody tell you differently.

Hitch
Old 11-20-2022, 05:46 PM   #776
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I jumped a fence to get away from a charging cow. And she had horns and was protecting a calf. Any animal can be dangerous especially wild ones. Even domesticated sows are dangerous when protecting their young. I have climbed many a tree to get away from one.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:26 PM   #777
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I jumped a fence to get away from a charging cow. And she had horns and was protecting a calf. Any animal can be dangerous especially wild ones. Even domesticated sows are dangerous when protecting their young. I have climbed many a tree to get away from one.
Apache
I've run away from cows too, as a child. That's why I live and plan to continue living in a city. No rural pleasures for me, no way.

We have lots of big bears here also, and wolves. Fortunately I've never seen any, being a city dweller.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 05:48 AM   #778
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Was she travelling with someone slow? (As the old joke goes.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:41 AM   #779
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've never had to run away from any animals.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:03 AM   #780
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never had to run away from any animals.
I did once. To be fair, I was 8, and the animal was a (in hindsight, likely rabid) raccoon that had gotten into the apartment hallway.

I left the apartment, it started hissing at me, and I immediately turned and ran back into the apartment. I ended up late for school that day.