Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 07:39 PM   #811
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
OH COME ON, those damned AOL CDs were still coming around well into the 2000's I think. I was always gobsmacked by that, that they just...kept on keeping on.

On the other hand, though, you'd be shocked at how many customers I have that still have, no kidding, AOL, MSN, Hotmail or Yahoo email addies. It always amazes me, what people will do or give up for freebies. I've never had a free email addy in my life and don't plan to start now. Sure, sure, call me paranoid, but I just don't wish to be the product.

Spoiler:
Never forget what Paul Newman said: if you look around the poker table and you can't tell who the sucker is--it's you.

Hitch
I have two free email addresses. GMail and Outlook and they work well. AOL, MSN, Hotmail, and Yahoo are lousy. I did this so if I ever change ISP, I would not have to change my email which is a right pain in the ass. I've changed ISP a number of times. SO it's just easier not to use the ISP email address.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:40 PM   #812
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
How funny! I was just thinking of my old Tandy Radio Shack TRS-80, reading this thread! I have fond memories of that machine. Had it a long time, it was still working when I finally gave it away.
The TRS-80 did work well. I liked it. But eventually it was time to move on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 PM   #813
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have two free email addresses. GMail and Outlook and they work well. AOL, MSN, Hotmail, and Yahoo are lousy. I did this so if I ever change ISP, I would not have to change my email which is a right pain in the ass. I've changed ISP a number of times. SO it's just easier not to use the ISP email address.
But Hotmail is Outlook. Microsoft bought them out some years ago.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote