Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
ACheshireCat
ACheshireCat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
General Recipe Help Requested

I not sure if this correct place, for this post...I had just started with Calibre, and Sigil...I experimented with using a few reciepes and custom built one to collect 'news' from a web site with an RSS feed, I got a successful result, then I altered the receipe a little and got an error message, does anyone have giudelines on what generally works in respect to the setting when creating reciepes? Just general ranges that have worked...I assume there maybe other factors involved, relating to the sites or the feed names...I have found sometimes the feed names are different from the site where the RSS feed is set up from, like the 'Ask Leo' site has about 3 RSS feeds set from the same page, dependent on wich content one is after. I assumed since I am interested in guidelines and not specific receipes, 'calibre' would be a good place to start.
ACheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to MobileRead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACheshireCat View Post
I not sure if this correct place, for this post
Moderator Notice
Posting to a 5 year old thread is never the correct place. I moved the post to its own thread in the Recipe sub-forum. Hopefully someone with the right experience will be by to help out.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote