Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 01:08 AM   #736
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Yes, it's my main use for it.

Attachment 153301
Thanks works perfectly. Didn't realise had to add the device to the list even if want to use for all devices.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:37 AM   #737
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
win10-x64, calibre 2.78
3 lists: populated from seach
1 list: populated from books on device

Two issues:

1. Toolbar/contxt menu entry "add to list..." missing: why?

2. When selecting a book and trying to "move to list..." i get the following ...

calibre, version 2.78.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'

calibre 2.78 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 0, 8) && K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM (0, 4, 1) && Inept Epub DeDRM (0, 1, 7) && View Manager (1, 3, 2) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 69) && Inept PDF DeDRM (0, 1, 4) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Count Pages (1, 7, 0) && eReader PDB 2 PML (0, 0, 6) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Ignoble Epub DeDRM (0, 1, 6) && User Category (1, 5, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 388, in _move_selected_to_list
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.dialogs", line 261, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'

Last edited by nikoski; 02-07-2017 at 07:55 AM.
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:59 AM   #738
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoski View Post
win10-x64, calibre 2.78
2 lists: populated from seach
1 list: populated from books on device

Two issues:

1. Toolbar/contxt menu entry "add to list..." missing: why?

2. When selecting a book and trying to "move to list..." i get the following ...

ERROR: Unhandled exception:
AttributeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'
The menu is only supposed to display actions that can be done. You cannot add books to any of your lists as they are automatically populated. Hence, the "Add to list" action isn't shown.

"Move to list" shouldn't be on the menu either as there are no no suitable lists for either the move from, or to. And the error is because it can't select a list as there are none.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #739
law_ct
law_ct began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
I was just going to request we be able to add a keyboard shortcut for each list and it's already there. Thank you, so awesome
law_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #740
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast
Angel Crawford began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Question or request

First of all, I love your Plugin and thank you for creating it!

I only reed on my Device, so I created a "Finish"-List, which remove books from the Device. (See Attachment)

For books I read years ago before the use of Calibre, the Yes/No choice is all I needed. But now I want to track new finished books with a read_at date.

So, if this is possible and not so much time to program, I wish to request for the field "Value in column to add/remove" the choice for a date field. =)

The wish is, if I remove a book from the device, your plugin add the current date into a column. That would be awesome.
Or is there an alternative? So if the Yes/No field update with your plugin, than my date field will automatically create the current date?

Sorry for bad English, I'm not a native speaker xD

Greetz and Thank you again, great plugin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reading_list.png
Views:	248
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	156867  
Angel Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #741
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, kiwidude isn't doing active development on his plugins these days.

We (the PI dev community) are keeping his plugins running, but generally aren't actively developing them.

So new features are unlikely.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #742
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Angel Crawford - IIRC the Calibre Companion (CC) app can update custom column Date (e.g. #date_read/Date Read) in a calibre database.

What I don't know is whether CC will run on a Tolino Shine. If the Tolino Shine runs Android there's a good chance it will. I suggest you ask in the CC forum.

FWIW - if you press F2 on a date cell in the book list and press '=' the cell will be set to the current date.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #743
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Angel Crawford - IIRC the Calibre Companion (CC) app can update custom column Date (e.g. #date_read/Date Read) in a calibre database.

What I don't know is whether CC will run on a Tolino Shine. If the Tolino Shine runs Android there's a good chance it will. I suggest you ask in the CC forum.

FWIW - if you press F2 on a date cell in the book list and press '=' the cell will be set to the current date.

BR
If the cell is empty, pressing F2 will set it to Now. If there was something, your way makes it change
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #744
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If the cell is empty, pressing F2 will set it to Now. If there was something, your way makes it change
But it depends on which date you hit F2.

If I F2 on an empty pubdate/Published (yyyy-MM-dd) date, it shows 2000-01-01. Almost all of the 10-20 'books' I add each day were published/broadcast within the last week. Title and Author are in the file name, and Published is the first column I enter, so I habitually hit F2 and '=', adjust as necessary, and then tab to next cell.

But, if I F2 on an empty custom date cell e.g. my #last_action_date/Last Action column, it does indeed show Now (e.g 2017-05-20 10:54:28), but because the initial value for that column is set via Bulk MD Edit at Intake time, I'm always F2'ing on an existing value, and then hitting '=' to update it to Now.

Published and Last Action are the two dates I keep on all 'books'.

I wonder why Published defaults to first day of Y2K and not 'Now'. For most commercial books I would have thought it's either obtained from the metadata embedded in the downloaded format file, or via a metadata download from wherever.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #745
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FYI, kiwidude isn't doing active development on. [...]
Thanks for the Info and the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
[...]

BR
Thanks again, I will look into CC and experiment a little xD
*yeah*! F2 is working like a charm.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #746
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast

Ok, I searched a bit in the web. The Tolino Shine 1 (yes, an old eReader, but it works xD) don't like root access.
I have to play an old image from version 1.7 on the device, than go on with the root process and play the new version 10.1 back. But: It will eat my wireless connection. The bug is known, but they don't want to fix this, because in the version 10.1 without root, the wireless connection is working. =(

So, CC is not an option for me right now. Blame on my old man!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #747
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Crawford View Post
So, CC is not an option for me right now. Blame on my old man!
If its a purchase issue, CC does have a CC Demo version that is limited in scope. I believe it may be a 20 book limit for the Demo version. But it will give you a chance to see if it works on your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #748
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast

The problem is my old man (Tolino Shine 1). Because after root access, the wireless connection isn't working anymore.
So, no connection, no use for CC. If I understand it right, I mean.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #749
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Crawford View Post
The problem is my old man (Tolino Shine 1). Because after root access, the wireless connection isn't working anymore.
So, no connection, no use for CC. If I understand it right, I mean.
You are correct.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #750
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
I got message box "KeyError: u'#On'"
i tried reinstall the plugins but it is futile.

Code:
calibre, version 2.85.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'#On'

calibre 2.85.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 6) && OPML Importer (1, 0, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Author Book Count (2, 1, 5) && all recipes Recipe Reader (1, 0, 1) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 31) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Overdrive Link (2, 13, 0) && Wiki Reader (2, 1, 0) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 7) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && KoboBooks (1, 0, 0) && Prettify Cover (0, 9, 9) && Library Codes (1, 0, 30) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 0) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 1) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 3, 6) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && View Manager (1, 3, 2) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 4, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 71) && My Tools (0, 0, 8) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Count Pages (1, 7, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 8) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Import List (1, 1, 5) && FanFicFare (2, 12, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 4) && Job Spy (1, 0, 56) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Author Book Count Hierarchy (1, 1, 8) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 1, 6) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Overdrive Link* (2, 13, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 294, in about_to_show_menu
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 108, in rebuild_menus
KeyError: u'#On'
Solved, i go to Pref, and customize plugins - other..
and replace #On with other listname

Last edited by yonkyunior; 06-12-2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: SOLVED
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote