Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Question Kindle to Good Reads

I've just seen that I can import books to my Good Reads account using a csv (suggested), xls, or txt file format.

Any idea if such a list can be generated from my Kindle library, using Claibre or some other type software?

I tried doing both a Google, and MR search on the topic, but came up empty.

Thank You In Advance.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
For mine, I made sure all my Kindle books were over on Calibre.

I then took some time making sure I had ISBNs for books (by a combo of ones that already had 'em, and then by using Calibre's own 'hunt for Metadata' feature).

After this, I used the information in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54220
...to get an extract list with the ISBNs.

I then uploaded that file to GoodReads - and all my books were there!

I assume you could do it with more data - such as tags and so on - which means that the shelves are already set up in GoodReads; I did this manually, however.

Good luck!
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
I just did this yesterday! In calibre, under the arrow by convert books, you can create a catalog. There are two tabs and under the CVS/XML Options tab, you can select which values to output (I discovered this after I created my catalog, so I had to deal with fields I didn't need). It was quite easy!
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
First off, thank you Reech!

I found the option, Kathy, thank you.

The ISBN thing is an issue. Most of my books are from Amazon's "Free Classics" section and so they do not have ISBNs, just Amazon's internal ASIN numbers. I tried importing anyway, but only 29 out 275 went over. (I may have used the paperback ISBN on so of those in order to get some info - not sure).

Oh, well, who said Amazon ever made anything easy.

Thanks again, guys.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export, goodreads, import, kindle