Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #8416
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin 7th; Fire7 9th; Show 5; Moto E6; ClipZip
SYNC Audio -- Weekly Offers -- FAQs -- exp 12 May @ 11:59 pm ET

Quote:
NOTE -- you MUST use the Sora app in order to download these books for free
Quote:
Week 2 -- In Week 2, the theme of confronting injustice receives treatment in both historical fiction and a contemporary novel based on the author’s own experiences. Each is narrated by a single performer, providing the opportunity to explore how one reader can act a variety of roles, including dialogue and narrative.

FREE -- Trell -- Dick Lehr/ Bahni Turpin -- 8.8 hrs -- injustice
Quote:
Listeners will appreciate the warmth and gumption that narrator Bahni Turpin brings to this startling story of injustice, inspired by the author’s real-life reporting. Teenager Trell Taylor is determined to reinvestigate the case that led to her father’s wrongful conviction for murder. Trell enlists the help of a misanthropic investigative journalist to revisit witnesses and track down the real killer. Turpin captures the emotional pain that Trell and her mother face in the aftermath of her father’s incarceration. The story also allows room for hard facts and journalism lessons. Turpin takes care to soften her “r”s to evoke a classic Boston accent for the big-name cops and prosecutors who want the case to stay buried.

FREE -- They Went Left -- Monica Hesse/ Caitlin Davies -- 9.1 hrs -- historical
Quote:
Narrator Caitlin Davies reflects the terrible confusion of 18-year-old Zofia, who has recently been liberated from Gross-Rosen concentration camp in Germany. She is haunted by memories of her younger brother, Abek, who may be her only family member still alive. Davies's narration doesn't hold back on emotions as the story reveals Zofia's past hell, broken present, and future hopes. Dramatic musical interludes add to the power of Zofia's attempts to remember what happened to her brother. At Foehrenwald, a displaced persons camp, Davies reflects Zofia's awakening feelings, which are both positive and disturbing amid the chaos of the world around her. Davies takes us on a powerful journey at a singular time. The author reads an afterword documenting her process and recommending books she discovered while researching and writing.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 04:15 PM   #8417
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
FREE -- They Went Left -- Monica Hesse/ Caitlin Davies -- 9.1 hrs -- historical
I'll repeat what I've mentioned before: this is an excellent book. I listened to it earlier this year, and it's a beautifully written novel.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:30 PM   #8418
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Tubemonkey, thanks! I saw your new listing. Here's a link for free first-of-series over at Chirpbooks.
https://www.chirpbooks.com/collectio...ies-free-deals
Quote:
Free Audiobooks -- a new thread in the Audiobook Discussions forum

I consolidated all of the free audiobook offers into a single thread in the Audiobook Discussions forum. I did it to reduce the congestion in the two opening posts of this thread. From now on, there'll just be one line entry for free audiobooks for each bookstore in this thread linking it to a detailed post in the Discussions forum.

Comment here. Thanks, tm
Commenting here: could you, TM, make a new post in that new thread, when you change something in the lead-in posts? Or is that too much bother?

When I subscribe to a thread, I get email about "new posts". I never hear about modifications to the top post, so I forget to look there.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:42 PM   #8419
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 07 May @ 11:59 pm BST
  • TBA -- Terminus -- Peter Clines -- fantasy
Old 05-06-2021, 08:20 PM   #8420
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Commenting here: could you, TM, make a new post in that new thread, when you change something in the lead-in posts? Or is that too much bother?

When I subscribe to a thread, I get email about "new posts". I never hear about modifications to the top post, so I forget to look there.
No bother at all. Whenever I updated the free Audible US post (formerly located in the Archives thread of the Audiobook Discussions forum), I would make the announcement in this thread. I fully intended to do the same thing with each of these new posts.

So, which do you prefer - continue announcing in this thread or start announcing in the Free Audiobooks thread? Makes no difference to me.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:37 PM   #8421
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible CA -- Editor's Extra -- exp 31 May @ 11:59 pm PT

• FREE -- Nameless -- Dean Koontz/ Edoardo Ballerini -- 7.7 hrs -- thriller
Quote:
Members Only

Nameless Series (books 1~6)

If our memories make us who we are, who is a man without any? Nameless has only a gun, missions from a shadowy agency, and one dead aim: dispense justice when the law fails. As he moves from town to town, driven by splintered visions of the past and future, he's headed toward the ultimate confrontation in this propulsive series of short thrillers by number one New York Times best-selling author Dean Koontz. With narration by Edoardo Ballerini.
Quote:
What is Editors' Extra?
A free listen that our members love, chosen by our editors for you each month.
And that’s on top of your monthly credit!

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-06-2021 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:47 PM   #8422
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible AU -- Editor's Extra -- exp 31 May @ 11:59 pm AEST

• FREE -- The Suspect -- Michael Robotham/ Crispin Redman -- 12.4 hrs -- action/ adven
Quote:
Members Only

Joseph O'Loughlin Series (book 1)

Joseph O'Loughlin appears to have the perfect life: a beautiful wife, a loving daughter, and a successful career as a clinical psychologist. But nothing can be taken for granted. Even the most flawless existence is only one loose thread away from unravelling. All it takes is a murdered girl, a troubled young patient - and the biggest lie of his life.
Quote:
What is Editors' Extra?
Each month, you'll get a free listen that our members love, chosen by our editors, on top of your monthly credit. Once you’ve listened, visit our Facebook group, What’s The Story?, to discuss the latest Editors' Extra with other audio fans.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #8423
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Free this month from Audible US. You can both buy or just listen on Echo.

Beginner's Mind - written and narrated by Yo Yo Ma

Quote:
"I realize, perhaps for the first time that I had to learn the cello to become a musician, and that it was only through decades of musical exploration that I came to understand my responsibility as a human being."

Journey with musical virtuoso Yo-Yo Ma as the iconic performer and global phenomenon delves into the world of self-discovery and our deeply interwoven humanity. This is Beginner's Mind, Ma’s extraordinary addition to Audible’s Words + Music series, blending vivid personal memoir and breathtaking exclusive performances with indelible lessons gained over a lifetime pursuing meaning, connection, and shared purpose.

Beginner's Mind continues Ma’s passionate exploration of culture’s role in helping us to imagine and build a better future, asking each of us "to strip away preconceptions and reclaim a beginner's mind…one open to new questions, new connections, new explorations, and unexpected answers." As Ma tracks his own profound journey through "four stories of beginnings," listeners gain insight into his past and discover how the cultural visionary continues to find hope in the endless possibility of human curiosity, creativity, and collaboration.

Beginner's Mind joins Audible’s ongoing Words + Music series, providing an outlet for musical icons to defy traditional formats with an innovative, and unprecedented approach to musical storytelling and personal expression.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:43 PM   #8424
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 07 May @ 11:59 pm PT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-07-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:07 PM   #8425
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
No bother at all. Whenever I updated the free Audible US post (formerly located in the Archives thread of the Audiobook Discussions forum), I would make the announcement in this thread. I fully intended to do the same thing with each of these new posts.

So, which do you prefer - continue announcing in this thread or start announcing in the Free Audiobooks thread? Makes no difference to me.
Either is fine. Here is probably better, since your audience is already over here!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 08:54 AM   #8426
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 08 May @ 11:59 pm BST
Old 05-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #8427
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 08 May @ 11:59 pm PT

* Heroes: The Greek Myths Reimagined

* On to Victory: The Canadian Liberation of the Netherlands, March 23 - May 5, 1945

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-08-2021 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:32 PM   #8428
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 09 May @ 11:59 pm BST
Old 05-09-2021, 12:11 PM   #8429
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 09 May @ 11:59 pm PT

* Slay Like a Mother: How to Destroy What's Holding You Back So You Can Live the Life You Want
Old 05-10-2021, 05:55 AM   #8430
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 10 May @ 11:59 pm BST