Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
rp272
rp272 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
kindle collection sort

I have noticed that when I create a Kindle collection the items are no longer sorted in the correct numerical order. How do I fix this please?
rp272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
On the home screen, top right, there is a word with a triangle next to it you tap to choose the order books are shown: "Recent/Title/Author/Collection".
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:28 PM   #3
rp272

Hi AlanHK

Thank you for your suggestion. I obviously did not make my situation clear. I am using Calibre to create the collections on my Kindle 3 (the one with a keyboard). I cannot find this triangle that you mention.
Am I missing something?
Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 PM   #4
rp272

Hi AlanHK
I cannot delete what was a duplicate post

Last edited by rp272; 10-31-2017 at 05:42 PM. Reason: duplicate posting
Old 11-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #5
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp272 View Post
Hi AlanHK

Thank you for your suggestion. I obviously did not make my situation clear. I am using Calibre to create the collections on my Kindle 3 (the one with a keyboard). I cannot find this triangle that you mention.
Am I missing something?
The K3 collection order shows all collections in recent order and all books not in any collection. You can see all collections in name sorted order when you use the individual book add to collections menu or the main all books and collections in title order.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kindle, sort order