Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 09:47 AM   #31
EditorOne
Jus' Learnin'
EditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toysEditorOne shares his or her toys

Device: none
Wow. Sitting on the sidelines is fun, although I'm not that much of a "wrassling" fan.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to worry that much about the relative value of this old iPad. It gives me a look at the iBooks version, which is looking good on an antique, so I think I'll risk it for the time being. And, for whatever reason, in finishing up, the azk conversion decided to work with Kindle Previewer, and my client tested it on her iPad and it looks fine.

Since iBooks is such a small part of the market now, it's probably a waste of your valuable time to keep up the rants on my behalf. I appreciate it, but all is goodl

And I agree, Hitch, Je suis Charlie.
EditorOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorOne View Post
Wow. Sitting on the sidelines is fun, although I'm not that much of a "wrassling" fan.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to worry that much about the relative value of this old iPad. It gives me a look at the iBooks version, which is looking good on an antique, so I think I'll risk it for the time being. And, for whatever reason, in finishing up, the azk conversion decided to work with Kindle Previewer, and my client tested it on her iPad and it looks fine.

Since iBooks is such a small part of the market now, it's probably a waste of your valuable time to keep up the rants on my behalf. I appreciate it, but all is goodl

And I agree, Hitch, Je suis Charlie.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:04 PM   #33
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
I've had no luck using Kindle Previewer converting to AZK. Apparently, any book that contains SVG just errors out when in iOS output mode. You may be running into the same issue. I reported it to Amazon. You should do the same. If enough people scream at them about it, they might just do something about the problem.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 AM   #34
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgatwood View Post
I've had no luck using Kindle Previewer converting to AZK. Apparently, any book that contains SVG just errors out when in iOS output mode. You may be running into the same issue. I reported it to Amazon. You should do the same. If enough people scream at them about it, they might just do something about the problem.
Hmmmm....I wasn't aware that KF7 supported SVG. Does it? Because K4iOS is definitely KF7, not KF8. Does that help you?

Hitch
Old 01-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #35
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hmmmm....I wasn't aware that KF7 supported SVG. Does it? Because K4iOS is definitely KF7, not KF8. Does that help you?

Hitch
The AZK version definitely has features beyond KF7. It is nothing like mobi format. See our wiki.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #36
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The AZK version definitely has features beyond KF7. It is nothing like mobi format. See our wiki.
Dale:

I know what is stated. However, my definite experience is that most of the formatting elements/features are displayed in KF7, not KF8, regardless of what anyone asserts. Most media-queries are ignored, utterly, or worse, BOTH are displayed (both the KF7 and KF8 elements).

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 01-28-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added text emphasis
Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 AM   #37
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
I believe you're correct. And the SVG content is all wrapped by <div class="kf8onlyblock" ...> tags, which are defined in an @media amzn-mobi media query as display: none. So the previewer's AZK conversion code should have been stripping out the SVG code entirely when converting for iOS.

In short, it's a bug in their toolchain. They're not aggressively stripping based on media queries, and then their code is freaking out when it doesn't know how to convert something that won't get shown anyway.

I reported it to Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
I know what is stated. However, my definite experience is that most of the formatting elements/features are displayed in KF7, not KF8, regardless of what anyone asserts. Most media-queries are ignored, utterly, or worse, BOTH are displayed (both the KF7 and KF8 elements).
If that's the case, then it's a serious bug, because that would make it impossible to create content that works correctly in KF8, KF7, and AZK unless you literally dumb everything down to KF7 levels, or very nearly so.

Not that I had great confidence in Amazon before, but what confidence I had is rapidly waning.

Last edited by dgatwood; 01-29-2015 at 02:29 AM.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azk, ios, kindle previewer, mobi