Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-20-2016, 02:22 AM   #1
espn5008
espn5008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help! My Kindle Voyage is stuck on boot screen

Hi! Guys,

My Kindle Voyage is stuck on boot screen, it shows the famous tree and the boy who reading under the tree. I tried press the power bottom for 40 minutes but its not working, please advise me anything I can do to bring it back.
Thanks!
espn5008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:42 AM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
First thing to try is plug it in to a wall charger and leave it charging overnight. Then re-try a restart. To restart press and hold the power button for approx 10 seconds, if the power dialogue box doesn't appear with the restart option, continue to hold the power button for a full 40 seconds to restart your Kindle. Charge it up for a good while first before trying the restart.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2016, 08:58 AM   #3
espn5008

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
First thing to try is plug it in to a wall charger and leave it charging overnight. Then re-try a restart. To restart press and hold the power button for approx 10 seconds, if the power dialogue box doesn't appear with the restart option, continue to hold the power button for a full 40 seconds to restart your Kindle. Charge it up for a good while first before trying the restart.
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

I left my kindle voyage charged with a wall charger for nearly two days but nothing changed. Although when I pressed the power button for about 15 seconds, my kindle voyage seems tried to reboot as the screen turned white and black but eventually stuck on the same screen of the tree and the boy.

I made a phone call to amazon Japan, they asked me the serial number of My kindle, but I have totally no idea of it (since I get this kindle from an auction site, I have long lost the contact with the seller).

So my questions are:
1) Is there a method I can use to boot my kindle such as using a serial port to reboot from my PC? I viewed some instructions on the internet, it seems like this method requires a serial number of my kindle.

2) Is there any way I can get the serial number even my kindle won't boot?
(with no account registration history of Amazon and no other reference documents.)

Please help me..
Old 04-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you have the original Amazon box? The serial number should be on a sticker on the box, if you do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
espn5008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you have the original Amazon box? The serial number should be on a sticker on the box, if you do.
Hi! Harry,

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately I bought the reader without any boxes or documents.
Any other ideas?
Advert
Old 04-22-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by espn5008 View Post
Hi! Harry,

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately I bought the reader without any boxes or documents.
Any other ideas?
Hi,
Did you register your voyage with an Amazon account to download books etc.,
The serial number will be in your manage your account and devices.

sorry Read the last bit no account registration, in that case try holding power button again for 45 seconds and keep trying, try plugged in as well!

Last edited by oldhaggis; 04-22-2016 at 10:19 AM.
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #7
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Have you tried connecting it to the USB port of a PC? Some older e-readers could come unstuck after being put into USB device mode by connecting to a PC.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This thread belongs in Kindle Developers corner, where this question and many more like it have been asked (and solved) countless times. Check the Kubrick sticky thread (as a last resort, before returning to amazon), though there may be much simpler solutions.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote