Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
mig_akira
mig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with others

Device: kobo
How to remove annoying top menu bar when reading books on K4 NT?

Hello everyone!

I have a Kindle 3 wi-fi, and recently bought a Kindle 4 NT. I think it's awesome, and since I rarely use the keyboard, I'll keep the K4 instead.

But there's one annoying thing: when I'm reading books on my K3, there's only the book and me. When I'm reading it on my K4, there's the annoying top menu bar, displaying the title, the HOUR (which is a pain - I don't wanna know if I spent 1 or 5 hours reading, just lemme forget about the time), and that ridiculous little airplane when wi-fi is off.

That was a minor annoyance at first, but it's growing on me. I can't stop looking at the clock or the little airplane, and it's very distracting.

Not to mention that it occupies the equivalent to 2 lines of text (comparing to the kindle 3, the new kindle has 2 lines less).

Thanks everyone!
mig_akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
That's Odd. On my K4 The menu bar disappears after I open a book and start reading. I would call Kindle support.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-04-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
mig_akira
mig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with othersmig_akira plays well with others

Device: kobo
Hello Blossom, thank you for your reply! It's good to know that it might be a bug or something - I thought it was a feature, which would make it harder to get rid of the menu bar.

I will try to restore to factory settings, and see if that works! If not, I'll call Kindle support!

Thanks!
mig_akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I actually liked having the Title and time always displayed on my Kindle 2. I wish that Amazon would let it be an option.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig_akira View Post
Hello Blossom, thank you for your reply! It's good to know that it might be a bug or something - I thought it was a feature, which would make it harder to get rid of the menu bar.

I will try to restore to factory settings, and see if that works! If not, I'll call Kindle support!

Thanks!
Before restoring, try to restart the reader.
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I don't have that either. Mine is like Blossom's. It disappears on the first page turn when I'm reading.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4 nt so, top menu bar