Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2024, 06:41 PM   #1
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Touch (n905) compatibile firmware

Hi, I have found in a drawer my old Kobo Touch, is still working and I would like to update it.
It's on 4.3.8945 version now, there's some newer device whose firmware is compatible, like Kobo Mini and Kobo Glo are?
Sorry if the answer is already somewhere in the forum but I wasn't able to find it.
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:55 PM   #2
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
You need to figure out what Kobo Touch version yours is (A, B, or C) and then you can download the correct firmware and install it. pgaskin maintains a page that tracks Kobo firmware updates. IIRC, if it shows just N905 and not N905B or N905C then it's an A version.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:59 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you want to download the firmware and install it over an USB connection, see Patrick Gaskin's Kobo Firmware Downloads page. Please note that any of the 3 flavours of the Kobo Touch can be updated to the current 4.38.21908 firmware but you need to correct version for your Touch. The Touch N905 and Touch N905B use a different updater from the Touch N905C. The N905 is sometimes referred to as a N905A.

You should be able to find the model in Settings => About.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:02 PM   #4
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post
You need to figure out what Kobo Touch version yours is (A, B, or C) and then you can download the correct firmware and install it. pgaskin maintains a page that tracks Kobo firmware updates. IIRC, if it shows just N905 and not N905B or N905C then it's an A version.
I know this, what I wanted to know is if there's a firmware of a newer device I can install on the touch. The Kobo Mini for example works with the Kobo Glo firmware, that is more recent.

Edit, sorry I thought a new firmware for the touch didn't exist since it's so old, my bad, I just checked the page you linked and is perfect, thank you very much!

Last edited by perisiana; 02-20-2024 at 07:05 PM.
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote