Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-20-2019, 07:04 AM   #46
ndhikaa
ndhikaa began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2
Hello

Greetings guys, i've ordered mine recently also via Aliexpress / Shenzhen JTWX Store.

My order date is 13th Nov and now it's status is awaiting shipment
(21 days 16 hours 6 minutes waiting time)

Because the seller doesn't reply to my messages I decided to look it up and find some bad raps, however looking at other product listings it seems that 2 angry reviews out of about 20 orders.

Fingers are crossed and let's see what happens.
ndhikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #47
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Thought I would check out the listing on jd.com. It mentions that the first batch sold out. So I imagine that's what the delay is all about. There just currently isn't enough product to satisfy demand.

As I said in a previous post, I don't mind waiting. I just want to make sure that I am still covered by the Purchase Protection policy.

Not sure why the seller just doesn't provide some clear information on what is happening. Perhaps they are still hoping to get me my order on time. I'm hoping that too, but I don't have a lot of confidence now in that happening.

If for some reason this purchase from this seller does not work out, I may look into other options.

Already, I have contacted the store where I got my A2 Pro from on Aliexpress and have asked if they will be getting this model. I have had more communication from them so far than from the Shenzhen JTWX store.

Alternatively, I may wait until the phone becomes available through the CECT Shop. They are apparently "coming soon": https://www.cect-shop.com/en/hisense-a5.html?v=10349

I haven't ever ordered anything from the CECT Shop, but I am impressed by their responses to some recent negative reviews on Trustpilot: https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/cect-shop.com
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2019, 03:24 AM   #48
ndhikaa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Already, I have contacted the store where I got my A2 Pro from on Aliexpress and have asked if they will be getting this model. I have had more communication from them so far than from the Shenzhen JTWX store.
That's sounds great, would you share the news if the alternative seller get back to you? i would like to get one myself also.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:57 AM   #49
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
I haven't ever ordered anything from the CECT Shop
I got my A6 from CECT shop. Good service, no complaints. I’d like to get the A5 but I have a K1 as well and really can’t justify 3 eink phones all without Google Play. I’m looking forward to your impressions and thanks for keeping us updated.
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:37 PM   #50
EdBurke
EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Boox Note pro
I also have some news from my side, regarding A6L. Before it ends I did extend the processing time by 3 days. I also continued to send messages to the seller. And finally the seller replied to me, telling me he had no stock... According to him he won't be able to ship before 3 weeks. So I cancelled the order and told him I would order again when he effectively is able to ship. He then canceled my cancellation order because he was not satisfied with the reason I chose to justify the cancellation, though I indicated in fact the actual reason. I didn't know sellers in Aliexpress have the power to do this... then I cancelled once again and once again later I could see my order still in progress... This is pure blackmail, because he hinted that he would not refund me if the reason I chose for cancellation was not that he wanted. Anyway a few minutes after the processing time was over. Hope this post is useful for those who read it.
EdBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #51
EdBurke
EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Boox Note pro
I asked the seller if he had some A5 in stock, he told me he has only A6..
EdBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #52
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBurke View Post
I also have some news from my side, regarding A6L. Before it ends I did extend the processing time by 3 days. I also continued to send messages to the seller. And finally the seller replied to me, telling me he had no stock... According to him he won't be able to ship before 3 weeks. So I cancelled the order and told him I would order again when he effectively is able to ship. He then canceled my cancellation order because he was not satisfied with the reason I chose to justify the cancellation, though I indicated in fact the actual reason. I didn't know sellers in Aliexpress have the power to do this... then I cancelled once again and once again later I could see my order still in progress... This is pure blackmail, because he hinted that he would not refund me if the reason I chose for cancellation was not that he wanted. Anyway a few minutes after the processing time was over. Hope this post is useful for those who read it.
Very useful information. Thank you for sharing. I suspect I will encounter much the same situation when I am finally able to open a dispute in a few days time.

For the A5, there was the guarantee of a full refund if the product is not received in 23 days. It will be interesting to see what happens when I am finally able to open a dispute.

I believe that you can escalate a dispute with Aliexpress if you cannot mutually reach an agreement with a seller. I'm not sure of the process as I have only had positive experiences when I have previously used Aliexpress. However, I have heard of other people getting a full refund from Aliexpress when a seller did not live up to their documented promises.

If all else fails, you could also approach your credit card company to cancel the transaction if you have not received the product you ordered. In this regard, you should keep a record of all communication. I have also been taking screenshots of relevant information just in case I need to follow such a course of action.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:27 AM   #53
ndhikaa

Quote:
Very useful information. Thank you for sharing. I suspect I will encounter much the same situation when I am finally able to open a dispute in a few days time.

For the A5, there was the guarantee of a full refund if the product is not received in 23 days. It will be interesting to see what happens when I am finally able to open a dispute.

I believe that you can escalate a dispute with Aliexpress if you cannot mutually reach an agreement with a seller. I'm not sure of the process as I have only had positive experiences when I have previously used Aliexpress. However, I have heard of other people getting a full refund from Aliexpress when a seller did not live up to their documented promises.

If all else fails, you could also approach your credit card company to cancel the transaction if you have not received the product you ordered. In this regard, you should keep a record of all communication. I have also been taking screenshots of relevant information just in case I need to follow such a course of action.
Hello guys,

anyone knows what's this dates means? i wonder

is it worth to extend the processing time if it's the batch 2 period?
Old 11-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #54
Question Mark
Wizard

Seems to be some kind of promotional event in which one could win an A5.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #55
Question Mark
Wizard

The seller was not responding to my messages and did not extend the Purchase Protection period when I requested it.

According to my tracking number, DHL received shipping information on November 14th, but there has been no information posted since then. Thus, it would seem that DHL has not received a physical package.

As a result, I decided to open up a dispute and ask for a refund. The seller now has about 4 days in which to respond. We will see what happens...

The funny thing is, I would have been perfectly fine with waiting longer had the seller extended the Purchase Protection period and had the seller indicated a reason for the delay. The lack of communication was frustrating.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:39 AM   #56
ndhikaa

Quote:
The seller was not responding to my messages and did not extend the Purchase Protection period when I requested it.

According to my tracking number, DHL received shipping information on November 14th, but there has been no information posted since then. Thus, it would seem that DHL has not received a physical package.

As a result, I decided to open up a dispute and ask for a refund. The seller now has about 4 days in which to respond. We will see what happens...

The funny thing is, I would have been perfectly fine with waiting longer had the seller extended the Purchase Protection period and had the seller indicated a reason for the delay. The lack of communication was frustrating.
Indeed it was frustrating. please do let us know changes on your side.

For now I think i'll stay and let the processing time expire so aliexpress cancel my order. if that do happens i'll go ahead and find chinese friends to order and mail those for me.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:13 PM   #57
Question Mark
Wizard

Still a few days to go until the time limit on my dispute runs out. So far, no reply from the seller. Apparently, if they don't reply within the stipulated time period, I will receive an automatic refund.

It's looking like that will be the outcome, and I'm quite okay with that. Although I would much rather have the phone, will chalk this all up to a useful learning experience.

In the meantime, I checked out the seller's store again looking at the version of the phone which I had ordered. The price which I paid was $268US, not including shipping. The price which they are now charging is $368US, not including shipping.

That is quite the price jump. Supply and demand I suppose.

However, assuming my order does not come through, I think I will wait until the price comes back down or perhaps place an order somewhere else. As much as I would like this phone, it is not something that I need. I'm certainly not interested in playing games to receive it.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #58
Question Mark
Wizard

Interestingly, when I just checked the availability of the A5 on Aliexpress, it showed slightly fewer of the phones sold on the seller's page than it was registering previously.

My guess would be that some other people have also launched disputes and have had their money refunded.

As it happens, the seller now has less than two days to respond to my dispute. If the seller does not respond within the stipulated time period, then the transaction will automatically be cancelled and I will be refunded.

It seems that the seller is just letting the time run out. Disappointing, but at least I am unlikely to be out of pocket.

I may just wait until the device becomes available on the CECT Shop.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #59
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
I have now opened a dispute also. I'm sure when stock is available there will be other sellers on Ali Express.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:50 PM   #60
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
And within a few hours they have accepted my request for a refund. Note that in my dispute I included screen prints of unresponded to messages and the DHL website now showing an error on the supplied tracking number.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote