Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #46
random42
random42 began at the beginning.

Device: PB HD3 (632), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by random42 View Post
This is pretty slick. Have a number of things I would like to do with this device as I am a seasoned software dev.

on PB HD3 - U632.5.19.832

Rooting worked, service install worked, but keep getting prompted that the storage may be corrupt. About half the time when I reboot it acts like it just reset back to factory defaults, although root and services a still present.
Update: I un-rooted via uninstall, deleted data, then factory reset and re-rooted. No issues.
random42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:01 PM   #47
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
If there is an internal SD card, you should probably take it out and back up the contents. It may be failing. It could be that resetting the database and deleting files freed up some space that isn't corrupted yet, allowing the device to continue working for a while.

I could be wrong, but having a copy doesn't hurt.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:22 AM   #48
ezdiy
Connoisseur
ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.ezdiy inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
The scripts in jailbreak.app and services.app hard-reboot the device by simply running /sbin/reboot. It's possible doing this may corrupt the database on vfat partition if there is a write pending, because the partition is never really unmounted. I'll add running /sbin/sync beforehand in next version, together with some other small fixes (wifi power management is still shoddy...).

Last edited by ezdiy; 03-08-2020 at 05:25 AM.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
root