Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yeah. I'm leaning toward leaving this up to a plugin, or an alternative font program to be used with the existing Open With feature. I just can't see adding an integrated, cross-platform-capable, embedded-font preview solution to Sigil.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #32
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
One of the reasons I stick with Windows is that when something doesn't work its usually fairly easy to find a viable, and often better, alternative.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:20 PM   #33
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
After all this time, I didn't realize there was an "open as..." function! fontview.exe does work perfectly, though as DNSB mentioned, it was with the one in the system32 directory. I have four fontview programs on my computer for some reason, and the one I initially tried just showed an ellipsis rather than the full range of characters for a font.
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:42 AM   #34
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard3000 View Post
I have four fontview programs on my computer for some reason, and the one I initially tried just showed an ellipsis rather than the full range of characters for a font.
Actually you only have 2, a 32bit and a 64bit version, each of which has an extra link in the WinSxS (side by side) folders.

Most Windows internal programs, dlls etc come in 32bit and 64bit versions, with extra links in the WinSxS folders. The one to aim for is almost invariably the one in System 32. If in doubt use Winkey+S to search and use the one it references in Open File location.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-03-05 161314.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	177517  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:00 AM   #35
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
On the VM with a user name with a space in it, I dug out an old copy of BabelPad and it opened and let me open the character map (ctrl-M). So an extra key stroke but it worked for me.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote