Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2023, 02:12 PM   #271
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The JB is literally one single inert file, so, no, it has nothing to do with any of this.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:31 AM   #272
alexbmd
alexbmd began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
as I posted above
thank you will try
alexbmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2023, 03:57 PM   #273
mathieulh
mathieulh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32GB
I applied kindlebreak on my Kindle OASIS 3 a while ago along with the hotfix, it is still on firmware 5.13.3 and I figured this firmware is too old to use the Kindle store, is it safe for me to update, would I be keeping the jailbreak while doing so?
mathieulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 05:25 PM   #274
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathieulh View Post
I applied kindlebreak on my Kindle OASIS 3 a while ago along with the hotfix, it is still on firmware 5.13.3 and I figured this firmware is too old to use the Kindle store, is it safe for me to update, would I be keeping the jailbreak while doing so?
I doubt that it is too old to use the kindle store.

Why do you think it would be?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:24 AM   #275
mathieulh
mathieulh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32GB
Quote:
I doubt that it is too old to use the kindle store.

Why do you think it would be?
I get error messages when I try.
mathieulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2023, 10:46 AM   #276
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathieulh View Post
I get error messages when I try.
Please let us know what the error messages are so we can help diagnose the cause of them.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 12:29 PM   #277
p0wer0n
p0wer0n began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Looking to see the jb source code if possible. Can someone post it here? Future devs might benefit from it.
p0wer0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 04:04 PM   #278
alexbmd

Quote:

Let it run down until you get a low battery warning, then let it charge as high as it wil go. You might have to repeat once.
hi
so I didi 3 times.... discharge until turnoff itself... charge 2+ hours...
still is not showing me that battery is full even after 3 cycle of training battery
Old 07-01-2023, 05:28 PM   #279
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbmd View Post
hi
so I didi 3 times.... discharge until turnoff itself... charge 2+ hours...
still is not showing me that battery is full even after 3 cycle of training battery
Then your battery has lost capacity.
Old 07-02-2023, 03:34 PM   #280
alexbmd

Quote:
Then your battery has lost capacity.
and this is happened right after JB , not after charhing ? no I dont guess so
Old 07-02-2023, 03:37 PM   #281
alexbmd

and as I see on other big forum... exist few person with the same problem...
Old 07-02-2023, 03:55 PM   #282
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
and this is happened right after JB , not after charhing ? no I dont guess so
Coincidence is not causation.

Quote:
and as I see on other big forum... exist few person with the same problem...
Links?
Old 07-03-2023, 05:00 AM   #283
alexbmd

Quote:
Coincidence is not causation.
yes, and only few person.. it's resulting small percentage with that problem from all peoples who did JB... but it's not nice that I got into this percentage
but it's not pleasant anymore that there is no solution to the problem
like for android phones

Spoiler:
forum on foreign language
Old 07-06-2023, 09:45 AM   #284
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW1|PW3|PW4), Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I charge it all day and only 94%
So this might be your problem. Overcharging can kills cells in a battery.

Quote:
3 yo
wear - first half year - 1 book at month, then 1 book at year
This could also be it. If it was sitting at full charge for years that can also kill cells in a battery. This is more likely the warmer the area it was kept in was or if it ever got to freezing temps.

Here's why
All Lithium batteries come with a charge less than 80% & usually less than 50%. This is because sitting without discharging can kill the cells. the less power in the cells the less likely it is to happen. Though if you leave it sitting you don't want the battery to be below 20% because there will be some dissipation while it sits &, unlike other battery technologies like NiCad, Lithium batteries need a controller to charge, so if that controller doesn't have power it may not ever charge again without taking apart the battery & replacing the controller. (I don't know why the controller can't just be powered by the charger to initiate it, but I was told that isn't possible with most batteries).

So it's possible that because you left it sitting for a long time fully charged, you live in a hot area & you kept it somewhere not air conditioned, or when you charged it you left it sitting on the charger well after it was full each time your battery has lost some cells. When you have ruptured or bad cells a few different things can happen. 1.) your controller might not ever report that it is full. This is most likely your situation. 2.) Your controller may think you have more when you don't so the device might die when it says it has 10% battery left. 3.) Your controller might have a spot where the controller reads that you have 65% left, then the next second it reads that there's only 48% left. Most people will have encountered at least one of these in their lifetime, that's why.

TL/DR:
  • Leaving your device on the charger long time = BAD
  • Leaving device unused while fully charged = BAD

Now it's possible that you had this problem before & your device didn't report it because you hadn't calibrated your battery or you had worn the battery down & the sitting on the charger for a long time was the last straw to break the camel's back. Either way the Jailbreak didn't do it, at most it might have refreshed the controller to show something that was already a problem.
LostOnTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:58 PM   #285
Enduring
Enduring began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 32GB (G000T6)
What is the best version

What I haven't been able to find is, what version should we run if we have our pick?

I currently have a PW4 (G000T6) running the minimum 5.10.3.
I know this is compatible with the jailbreak, but should I update to another version?

Are there any benefits/features gained by updating to anything between 5.10.3-5.13.3?

watchthis r03 supports 5.13.4-5.14.2, are any of those updates worth anything?

I am proceeding with jailbreaking 5.10.3 as it seems updating is easy enough while downgrading might not be (but saw downgrading can be possible if already jailbroken...)

Please let me know if anyone has input on the most ideal version.
Enduring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak