Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #31
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
The WS deal for Call to Arms (Book 2 of the Blood on the Stars series) has dropped way down in price now, also. The deal now is the same price as the two above ($2.98), and for the same reason--the Audible narration has dropped in price to $1.99.

This present book is rated 4.7 stars, from 273 reviews at Amazon. It's 442 pages (= big bang for the buck). Just for "kicks," I checked Audible to see what they charge there for the audibook book alone; it's $21.95. Tough decision to know which way to go, huh.

Methinks that WS deals on other ebooks in the series probably will drop soon, if they haven't already. I'll try to monitor that in the next few days.

Call to Arms (Blood on the Stars Book 2).

[Sorry, I managed to erase the post that I quoted from, above. What I did also caused this post to appear before one (#30) that I initially had posted after it. G.]
Add, for the same price ($2.98) as the previous three in the Blood on the Stars series that I posted:
Duel in the Dark (Book 1 of the Blood on the Stars series).
Ruins of Empire (Book 3 of the Blood on the Stars series).
Echoes of Glory (Blood on the Stars Book 4).

They basically have the same great qualities--great ratings, lots of pages, etc. as the ones in the series that I posted earlier.

Book 6 and, I assume Book 7 (which was published just last Sunday) have no WS audio narrations, so there can be no WS deals on them. FYI--I couldn't find Book 7 again, but the ebook of Book 6 (Dauntless) has a nice sale price of $2.99. If that(those) ebook(s) get WS audio narrations, I'm almost certain that you can get the WS audio narration(s) for the much lower price than you can get it for by itself(themselves) at Audible.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-20-2018 at 06:20 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #32
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whispersync Deals on TWO Edgars Family Novels--One as Low as $1.99!

I've got two Whispersync deals in the Edgars Family Novels series to tell you about. The series is by Suzanne Ferrell. Both are fantastic deals. However, one deal is slightly better than the other. I'll start with the better deal:

1) Kidnapped, A Romantic Suspense Novel (Edgars Family Novels Book 1). The entire WS deal is only $1.99! I don't remember ever seeing a WS deal priced this low.

2) Vanished, A Romantic Suspense Novel (Edgars Family Novels Book 4). The entire WS deal is only $2.98!

I'm a little pressed for time today, so I won't take time to give information on the books that I usually do. But if you've been around this MobileRead forum for a while, you know that I vet things well before I post them. I don't post junk.
Advert
Old 03-21-2018, 05:29 PM   #33
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

This doesn't qualify as junk, either. It's just . . . uh . . . offbeat. It still meets all of my high standards for posting.

Ginger the Gangster Cat, by Frank Kusy. Probably most suitable for "middle grade" students.

WS Deal $2.98 ($0.99-ebook + $1.99-audio). The photo of the cat on the front cover, alone, is worth the price of the ebook! It is just too funny!

Further information:
The “funny, wicked, and heart-warming” story of one fat cat’s devotion to Spanish cuisine…and how far he will go to get his paws on it.

“A fantastically fun story for kids – and adults too!”
Wishing Shelf 5★ review
“An entertaining and enjoyable little story, with a great plot and endearing well-drawn characters!” Awesome Indies 5★ review

Prawn-loving Ginger is a fat, scruffy street cat. Innocent little Sparky is his new best friend – and unsuspecting accomplice. When the chance comes, the two London cats travel to Spain to carry out Ginger’s ‘cunning plan’. Will they pull off the cat crime of the century…or will Ginger’s greed prove his downfall?

If you like Simon’s Cat, Alice in Wonderland and A Street Cat named Bob, you’ll love Ginger the Gangster Cat! A modern day feline fable, this middle grade book is a comic romp full of action and adventure for any reader - children, tweens, teens... and beyond!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AFZ2X1Y/.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-21-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #34
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The Devil's Triangle (A Brit in the FBI Book 4).

Instead of paying $22.95, at Audible for the audio, get the audio as a part of $6.98 Whispersync deal! The ebook is included in the deal.

In fact, you need to go to the ebook's webpage at Amazon to get the whole deal. The ebook there is $1.99 right now; the audio (which is the same one as you get at Audible) is $4.99. But you've got to buy the whole deal to get the audio (on the other hand, you can buy just the $1.99 ebook if that's all that you want) for that price. That's the way that the WS deals work.

I've checked and, in case you're not familiar with the book, it has all of the most important qualities. One that I'll highlight--it has 533 pages. And that means that you'll have a nice, long audio for your money!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-22-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #35
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

If you click on the link in my message above, and sign up for a newsletter, publisher Simon & Schuster will send you a free ebook. They don't reveal what the title of the ebook is.

I can't check it, myself, because I'm already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can help people by signing up, and then letting everyone know what the name of the ebook is.
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 11:18 PM   #36
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Here's a $1.99 Whispersync deal. It's on Be Mine, by Rick Mofina.

The audio at Audible is reasonably priced ($11.95), so this WS deal doesn't represent as big a value as some other WS deals that I've posted. But, $1.99 is only $1.99; and $11.95 is a lot more than $1.99.

Here's how you get a $1.99 WS deal on this title: "buy" the ebook for $0.00, then buy the $1.99 Audible audio narration.

All of the essentials look good: there's a 4.4-star average rating at Amazon , from 266 ratings on the ebook; there are 458 pages in the ebook, etc., etc. Find out more and/or get the WS deal by going to the webpage at Amazon for the ebook.

Oh, it's hard to tell by the title, but this is a thriller.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #37
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The thriller Blood Price (Dark Places of the Earth Book 2) has a $1.99 WS deal on it right now. That means that you can get the ebook and the audiobook for only $1.99! The audiobook, alone, at Audible is $14.95!

I love Whispersync deals.

Of course, it has great ratings (it does--an average of 4.4 stars at Amazon), a significant number of pages (it does--435 of 'em), etc., in addition to the outstanding price (or I wouldn't be posting it).

Here's the webpage at Amazon for the ebook. From there you can learn more about the ebook that the audio is based upon, and buy the WS deal, if you like what you see.

Dark Places (Book 1 of Dark Places of the Earth) doesn't have quite as good of a WS deal on it ($4.98), but you might be interested in taking a look at the ebook's webpage anyway.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-23-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:42 PM   #38
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Wisteria Tearoom Mysteries Book 1, A Fatal Twist of Lemon, currently has a Whispersync deal of only $2.98.

The author of the tome is Patrice Greenwood. There are currently 6 books in the series, so it must be a good one. A 4.4-star rating, out of 424 ratings, at Amazon, speaks highly of this one, at least.

There are 276 pages in the ebook.

Follow this link to get to the ebook's webpage. From there, you can learn more about the ebook and/or purchase the WS deal.

I don't know if any of the other books in the series have WS deals or, if so, their audio narrations have been marked down. But, I'll plan to check as soon as I have opportunity.

ADDENDUM: The answer to the question in the last paragraph is "no."
Old 03-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #39
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Oh my, another must-post WS deal . . . .

This one is on The Valhalla Call (On Silver Wings series Book 4). The audiobook at Audible is $17.95, but you can get the entire WS deal, which includes the audiobook, as well as the ebook, for only $2.98!

All of the must-have criteria look fine: 4.4 stars, from 369 ratings, at Amazon; a great 297 pages of reading.

This book would probably be best characterized as a war & military sci fi.

The webpage for the ebook, where you can find out more about the ebook, and buy the WS deal if you like what you see.

Other ebooks/WS deals are apparently not marked down at the present time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-23-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #40
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The WS deal for The Lord's Captive (Border Series Book 2), by Cecelia Mecca, is only $2.98 at the moment.

Getting the Whispersync deal means that you get both the ebook and audiobook. Plus, they automatically are sync'd together.

The ebook has a fantastic 4.8-star rating at Amazon, over 192 ratings (so, the ratings are no fluke). Other information that you might like to know: it has 288 pages; the audiobook alone is $17.95 at Audible; it is an historical romance. Check out the ebook for yourself by going here. While you're there, you can purchase the entire WS deal if you so desire.

FYI--the other books (therefore, the WS deals) in the Border Series do not appear to be specially priced at the present time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-23-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:12 AM   #41
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Book 1 of the Air Awakens Series, Air Awakens, presently has a Whispersync deal on it for only $2.98.

The series is authored by Elise Kova. There are 5 books in the series, but none of the rest of them appear to have unusually low priced WS deals. This book (and probably all of them in the series) are oriented toward teens and are fantasy/romance.

You'll save about $15 by buying the WS deal over purchasing the audiobook alone at Audible, where it's $17.95.

The ebook meets my high standards, such as great ratings (4.3-star average at Amazon, from 509 ratings, a substantial number of pages (342), etc.

Here's the Amazon webpage for the ebook, which page you can go to find out more about the ebook and also grab the WS deal if you're so inclined.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-23-2018 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #42
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Book 1 of the Air Awakens Series, Air Awakens, presently has a Whispersync deal on it for only $2.98.

The series is authored by Elise Kova. There are 5 books in the series, but none of the rest of them appear to have unusually low priced WS deals. This book (and probably all of them in the series) are oriented toward teens and are fantasy/romance.

You'll save about $15 by buying the WS deal over purchasing the audiobook alone at Audible, where it's $17.95.

The ebook meets my high standards, such as great ratings (4.3-star average at Amazon, from 509 ratings, a substantial number of pages (342), etc.

Here's the Amazon webpage for the ebook, which page you can go to find out more about the ebook and also grab the WS deal if you're so inclined.
The brass tacks:
$0.99 Kindle ebbok
$1.99 Audible audiobook
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #43
Cheval
Junior Member/Lurkerette
Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheval ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950; Kobo H2O/Aura One
Switcheroo, book 18 of the Gideon Oliver series by Aaron Elkins; combined Whispersync deal for $3.98. Audiobook 8 hours, 32 minutes.

$1.99 Kindle ebook
$1.99 Audible audiobook
Cheval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:24 PM   #44
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$2.98 Whispersync Deal on The Darkness (Bk 1, The Invasion Triology), by W.J. Lundy.

As profuse as the Whispersync deals were yesterday, to that extent they have been difficult (where I do my trolling, at least) to ferret them out today. However, here's one that looks to be a good one.

It's the WS deal on Book 1 of The Invasion Triology, called The Darkness. It is written by W.J. Lundy. It definitely falls into the Sci-Fi subjenre.

The "vital" facts:
- 4.4 stars, from 430 reviews at Amazon.
- 248 pages.
- You can get the whole WS deal from the ebook's webpage at Amazon.

The WS deal is $2.98. Look at it this way: you can get the audio for only $2.98, by buying the required ebook ($0.99-ebook + $1.99-price of the WS audio narration (it's the same audio as you would get if you bought the audiobook at Audible)). Wanna know how much the audiobook is at Audible? It's $17.95, or one credit (someone asked me quite some time back if I would include the amount of credits that it would cost; I started doing it, but fell out of the habit. I'll try to remember to include that information from now on. ).

Oh, I checked the two other books in the series. They do not have special prices on their WS deals at this time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-23-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #45
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$3.99 WS Deal on Book 1 of the Everything Series (Everything We Keep).

With the (unusual) price point of $2 for the ebook, and an audio narration price of $1.99, you can get the Whispersync deal for Everything We Keep: A Novel for only $3.99. It is Book 1 of The Everything Series (author: Kerry Lonsdale).

If you're not interested in the ebook, just think of it as getting the Audible audio for only $3.99!

The ebook meets all of my demanding criteria for posting, except for one: the difference between the WS price ($3.99) and the price of the audiobook at Audible ($9.95; 1 credit) is not as large as I would like to see. The book is highly rated (4.2 stars at Amazon), seems to be extremely popular (there are 12,021 ratings at Amazon!), and it has a good length (306 pages) (therefore the audio will be relatively long).

I checked, and the other two books in The Everything Series do not have an unusually low price for their WS deals (Book 3, in fact, is in pre-publication, and there is no WS information about it available at this time).

I've done enough "talking" for you to know whether or not you'd like to check more into the WS deal. Check into it further by starting at the ebook's webpage at Amazon. You can grab the entire WS deal from that webpage, also.

ADDENDUM: I wasn't through after all. I learned that the deal is good for 7 days. The 7 days probably started yesterday or midnight EST last night.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-24-2018 at 05:47 PM.