Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
gill.trewick
gill.trewick began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Buttons missing in Sigil

Hi, I've only just started to use Sigil, Yesterday it worked fine. Today I started a new project and realised that there are buttons missing.
Both the Validation and Make EPUB buttons are missing and the Metadata pop up looks strange, so that I can't use it.

Any ideas what I've done? or do I have a bad copy?
gill.trewick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:39 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Validation (flightcrew) is now a User installed Plugin
Make EPUB? You ARE working on an EPUB

Are you thinking: File: New: Blank (file type object)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Which version of Sigil?

And when you say "buttons are missing", as compared to what - 'yesterday' or perhaps the manual? If latter, it could be because the manual is out of date. I'm not certain on this but... I think the 'official' manual is at version 0.7.2, whereas the software is at 0.9.8.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Even as far back as v0.7.x, I don't remember any "Make EPUB" button. I vaguely recall that early, early versions of Sigil worked on individual files that you then had to "build" an EPUB from, but that's gotta be clear back before v0.3.x.

Also... thinking the metadata popup "looks strange" is an opinion you're allowed to have. But "can't use it" is not exactly very accurate (or fair) You may not know how to use it ... you may not enjoy using it, but "can't" doesn't really enter into it. Click on stuff. Use the Add Metadata button to add new metadata. Highlight some metadata and use the "Remove" button to remove it. Highlight some Metadata and use "Add Property" to add additional properties to existing metadata. Double-click on the text boxes to enter/change text. That's "using" the Metadata Editor.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote