Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:36 AM   #91
lightbulbjim
lightbulbjim will become famous soon enoughlightbulbjim will become famous soon enoughlightbulbjim will become famous soon enoughlightbulbjim will become famous soon enoughlightbulbjim will become famous soon enoughlightbulbjim will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
My H2O2 mk1 (silly naming scheme) updated itself last night and I’m also not seeing the top margin bug. All I use are epubs but they’re working just fine...
lightbulbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM   #92
Ansl
Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo H2O2v1 (Glo HD, Clara HD, Aura 2, KPW3, SGalaxy Note 8.0)
Another little fix with this fw is that the letter following a full stop is again a capital one by default. That and the improved search definitely mark this an update worth trying in my eyes ;-)
Ansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #93
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansl View Post
Another little fix with this fw is that the letter following a full stop is again a capital one by default.
What do you mean by this? Or where do you see this?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #94
Ansl
Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo H2O2v1 (Glo HD, Clara HD, Aura 2, KPW3, SGalaxy Note 8.0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What do you mean by this? Or where do you see this?
I seem to have deleted arguably the most important part of my post... I was talking about annotations with text. I use those a lot and this has been annoying me, perhaps unreasonably so, in the last few releases.
Ansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM   #95
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'm not seeing that problem at all on the Glo HD, but then I have small line spacing and very little margins either on the top or the sides. Maybe it's some specific setting in an epub causing it that the 5 books I tried just doesn't have that setting? But I see no problem with the top margins in either epubs or kepubs.
There are normally two or three top 'margins' in ePubs, but I haven't installed this firmware and I don't know which one the bug affects. If someone could test and find out I would be very interested to know:

One is the @page margin set in the book's CSS stylesheet (or by one of the ePub top/bottom margin patches). If the bug affects this then on an unpatched device some books will be affected and others won't, depending on whether the publisher has set the @page margin.

The other 'margin' is actually a built-in 15px header at the top of the screen. This header is not present in full-screen mode, so if the bug affects this then it will only be seen in normal reading mode.

(There may also be a third top margin set in the book's XPGT stylesheet in some books, which could further complicate things.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote