Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #46
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Ah, there is a new version, I didn't see this. And indeed, this resolved my problem. Many thanks!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #47
nephtys59
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Doesn't work anymore in Calibre 4.20 and I need to keep epub format to version 2, is there an update for this plugin?
nephtys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2020, 01:40 PM   #48
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys59 View Post
Doesn't work anymore in Calibre 4.20 and I need to keep epub format to version 2, is there an update for this plugin?
It is not a Calibre plugin - it's made for Sigil.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 04:07 PM   #49
Bobich
Bobich began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil
Hello! I have 3 quoted version.

Quote:
^[Note the directory in which the application runs is dependent on how you run the sample application. If
you use the CLi command dotnet run, the current directory is the same as where the project file is located. If you are using Visual studio, the current directory will be the directory of the compiled assembly, which is .\bin\debug\net5.0. You will need to adjust the path to the Word document accordingly.]
The script shows result: "No notes found".

Quote:
^[Note the directory in which the application runs is dependent on how you run the sample application. If you use the CLi command dotnet run, the current directory is the same as where the project file is located. If you are using Visual studio, the current directory will be the directory of the compiled assembly, which is .\bin\debug\net5.0. You will need to adjust the path to the Word document accordingly.]
The script shows errors.

3. Changed char '/' instead of '\' and all is okay.
Quote:
^[Note the directory in which the application runs is dependent on how you run the sample application. If you use the CLi command dotnet run, the current directory is the same as where the project file is located. If you are using Visual studio, the current directory will be the directory of the compiled assembly, which is ./bin/debug/net5.0. You will need to adjust the path to the Word document accordingly.]
The remaining 210 notes in a document were converted successfully.
Bobich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 04:24 PM   #50
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Bobich:

Not really sure which plugin you're referring to, but mine doesn't use .net, CLI interface or any of that other stuff mentioned in your quotes. Doesn't use Word either. Just python and a dialog box from tcl/tk.

Regards,

Kim
Advert
Old 12-19-2023, 10:53 AM   #51
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
@elibrarian:
These are just example footnotes, their content has no reference to the plugin.
You should recognise this from the appearance of the footnotes in @Bobich's post:
Code:
^[blah, blah]
@Bobich:
Ad 1:
The problem is the new line after the word "If". The plugin does indeed not support "enter" inside a footnote, but this is easily fixed.
The easiest way to fix it is to use "Mend and Prettify all XHtml files" before running the plugin.
A possible solution would also be to slightly modify the plugin by adding flags=re.DOTALL so that newline characters are included when searching and replacing.

Ad 2:
There is indeed a problem if there is a slash in the body of the footnote.
This is also easy to correct in the plugin code.

And again @elibrarian:
You mention in your first post that "this plugin will not be updated any further", but you might consider this minor fix (see attachment).

As a bonus, I attach the icons for this plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epup2-notes-fix2.png
Views:	62
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	205331  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ePub2-Notes-icons.zip (2.5 KB, 157 views)
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 09:28 AM   #52
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist

Quote:
@elibrarian:
These are just example footnotes, their content has no reference to the plugin.
You should recognise this from the appearance of the footnotes in @Bobich's post:
Code:
^[blah, blah]
Of course! – I must be getting old …

Quote:
Ad 1:
The problem is the new line after the word "If". The plugin does indeed not support "enter" inside a footnote, but this is easily fixed.
The easiest way to fix it is to use "Mend and Prettify all XHtml files" before running the plugin.
A possible solution would also be to slightly modify the plugin by adding flags=re.DOTALL so that newline characters are included when searching and replacing.
I haven't implemented the DOTALL solution. I think it'll introduce new and worse error possibilities, eg. if a note is missing the closing ]. "Mend and Prettify all XHtml files" before running the plugin is the way to go.

Quote:
Ad 2:
There is indeed a problem if there is a slash in the body of the footnote.
This is also easy to correct in the plugin code.
Implemented in new version 0.2.2. - Download from first post of this thread.

I've updated the first post with a new version including the fix for problem no. 2, and the icon from Becky. All thanks and respect to BeckyEbook!

Regarding my note of not updating the plugin further: As stated in the userguide, anyone are free to make new versions (and share, if any brillant ideas come up :0)

For example, at the moment, there are (I think) at least three plugins for inserting or manipulating footnotes, but none of them can manipulate footnotes inserted by the other; and sadly none of them works for epub3 and accessibility. I have som crude code for a plugin working after the same lines as this one and adressing epub3 and accessibility, but I haven't published it, since I haven't got the time for update and support, and still haven't solved the problem of manipulating, numbering and sorting new notes inserted after the first batch.