Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
grawp
grawp began at the beginning.

Device: KPW
Paperwhite fastboot

Have somebody figured out how to activate fastboot mode on Paperwhite?
grawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #2
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Have you tried
Code:
idme -d --bootmode fastboot
?
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
grawp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Have you tried
Code:
idme -d --bootmode fastboot
?
I mean how to activate it if the device is totally bricked (e.g. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk)?
Old 02-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawp View Post
I mean how to activate it if the device is totally bricked (e.g. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk)?
If you are saying that you executed the above command already, you are toast.
(I am presuming the above has a typo, and was actually /dev/mmcblk0 ).

That command will write zeros to the entire device, including areas outside of the file system partitions.
So unless you kept a copy of those areas that contain device and user specific data -
you have done an "erase all" the hard way.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
grawp

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If you are saying that you executed the above command already, you are toast.
(I am presuming the above has a typo, and was actually /dev/mmcblk0 ).

That command will write zeros to the entire device, including areas outside of the file system partitions.
So unless you kept a copy of those areas that contain device and user specific data -
you have done an "erase all" the hard way.
No it was not a typo and I know what the command does very well and let assume the I have the complete image of mmcblk.
On the old versions of Kindle recovery from that is certainly possible: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ownloader_mode
My question is: Have somebody find out how to activate the downloader mode on Paperwhite?
Advert
Old 03-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawp View Post
My question is: Have somebody find out how to activate the downloader mode on Paperwhite?
That's the Holy Grail.
You'll become famous when you find a way how to activate the USB downloader mode on Paperwhite.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote