Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #151
norweger
Groupie
norweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy bluenorweger can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Aliexpress:
from which shop did you buy - there are a lot?
"chinaphone Store"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Sorry to hear that. My last attempt trying to purchase a phone off of a vendor on Aliexpress soured me on the experience. I did eventually get my money back for a phone which the vendor had only pretended to ship. However, the process involved in doing so was a headache. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars and purchase from CECT Shop.

I will now only use Aliexpress for inexpensive items such as a bumper case for a phone.

Best of luck.
I am sorry to hear that too. Pretending to ship, that is the absolute worst. Last time I was ripped off on Aliexpress I must have spent thirty hours resolving it, in four rounds. Always getting the same message from customer service "We will fix this right away", and the seller giving nothing but radio silence. And he is still allowed to trade on their platform.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I will need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jago25_98 View Post
I live in Hong Kong, China.

I've bought stuff from over the border and it's arrived water damaged before. Getting a refund was very difficult due to aggressive currency controls and import/export controls.

But the Hisense is the only option for a phone sized device. I think I have to take the risk because I don't see any other option any time soon.

There's quite a bit of bad whispers coming out of forums here and there. First, problems in cold weather. Second, potential screen damage from humidity? Both of these would be due to poor sealing. Is there a case that can fully seal the device?

As tempting as it is, I can't buy something that's that badly made. But at the same time I need a bit more than a rumor to be sure.
Ay, caramba! I plan to use the Hisense A5 Pro for all things books. E-books, audiobooks, and I listen to audiobooks outside, with the phone in my pocket, in cold weather. Could you point us to the place where it says it gets trouble in cold weather? If it has such problems, I sure would like a tight case. I use a see thru pouch for my old phone, if I use it for audiobooks, in bad weather.

EDIT: If there is an honest soul who wishes to swap his Hisense A5 Pro for my Hisense A5 Pro CC I am in.

EDIT2: Fool me once ... I got a note from the seller that he'll accept a return and refund, of 300$ of the total of 355.05$. I will send it back, but it might very well end up with the seller claiming he's never got it, and all is lost. Hoping for the best, though. Getting the refund.

Last edited by norweger; 11-10-2020 at 12:28 AM.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #152
Markismus
Guru
Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Markismus has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: HiSenseA5ProCC, OnyxNotePro, lots of cracked Kobo's
I just ordered the Pro CC from CECT-shop.

What'll be interesting is the performance of the device. Does the fingerprint scanner work better than iPhone6 (I hate it! My fingers are apparently unrecognizable.) Does the NFC work? Does the face recognition work? Do the Bluetooth and WiFi have separate antenna's? Most of all: How it reads?!

Anyone any experience to share?

Last edited by Markismus; 11-19-2020 at 04:15 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #153
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
EDIT2: Fool me once ... I got a note from the seller that he'll accept a return and refund, of 300$ of the total of 355.05$. I will send it back, but it might very well end up with the seller claiming he's never got it, and all is lost. Hoping for the best, though. Getting the refund.
Hope that works out for you.

If, for some reason, you end back up with the A5 Pro CC, I have just discovered a setting which I hadn't previously noticed. It is under the Display and Brightness area in Settings. It is called Classic E-ink Screen Mode. When you enable this mode, the phone only displays blacks and whites and greys, just like on a regular e-ink device. I don't notice the grid effect as much with it enabled, not that it bothers me anyway.

I don't know whether this feature has been there all along or whether it is new because I recently received a firmware update after not having had the phone connected to the internet in months.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote