Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
[Metadata Source Plugin - Deprecated] MondoUrania

Mondourania - Version 0.2.3 -BETA!! 3 juni 2020 by Pr. BarnArt.

THIS PLUGIN IS DEPRECATED!
This plugin is for using MondoUrania.com as a metadata source.
It is for italian books of Urania.
It was based on my Inmondadori plugin.

Main Features of MondoUrania version 0.2.3
  • retrieve author
  • retrieve serie
  • retrieve serienumber
  • retrieve comments
  • retrieve cover

Special Notes:
  • Mondourania takes the exact title of the book,
  • - in combination with the authors name if that is given.
  • !! Do not let the plugin set your Title, because at Mondourania.com the title doesnot show the right characters ( a' in stead of à).
  • There is no isbn-base search because that information is not available at MondoUrania
  • requires calibre 0.8.5 or higher.

known issues /to do:
  • books with same title in different series

Update info 0.2.3
  • update due to website changes

This is a beta, so in develop-mode, please comment if you get false results.
(pls inform me, if you get no results or errors. I don't use it myself - I am dutch;-)
The same for requests.

Installation Notes:
  • Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
  • You can configure the plugin within Calibre.

Paypal Donations:
  • If you find this plugin useful please feel free to show your appreciation.

Version History:
Spoiler:

v. 0.2.3 3-6-2020
- update due to websitechange

v.0.2.2 03-07-2018
- update due to websitechange

v.0.2.1 28-07-2014
- Porting to Qt5 for Calibre 2.0
- better split title by barbataglia

v. 0.2.0 -BETA 21-10-2013 - beta
- now all series are supported ( as far as I can see;-) and understand )
- fix for multiple comments

v. 0.1.0 -BETA 20-10-2013 - beta
initial release.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Mondourania 0.2.3P.zip (8.9 KB, 68304 views)

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 01-07-2021 at 05:39 PM. Reason: update 0.2.3
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to 0.2.0 for support of more series of MondoUrania.com

Still beta, so please let me know if there problems or requests.
Advert
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
webwizard
webwizard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi Pr.BarnArt.

I'm currently using the plugin and it works very well. I was trying to make a modification, but I'm stuck. In my DB, I have a user metadata called "Original title", in which is stored the original (non italian) title of the book, but it seems that setting a user metadata in a plugin is not as easy as for standard metadata fields (such as Author or Title).

Can you share any hint on this ?

Thanks

Paul
webwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwizard View Post
Hi Pr.BarnArt.

I'm currently using the plugin and it works very well. I was trying to make a modification, but I'm stuck. In my DB, I have a user metadata called "Original title", in which is stored the original (non italian) title of the book, but it seems that setting a user metadata in a plugin is not as easy as for standard metadata fields (such as Author or Title).
If it is only mondourania, a 2 stepsolution like the one I suggested for the goodreads decimal rating and shown in a demo. A small tweak to the metadata plug-in to retrieve the original title, and a userinterface to set those info into the db.
To my knowledge it is not possible to do it in only a metadata plug-in.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 03-19-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
webwizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
If it is only mondourania, a 2 stepsolution like the one I suggested for the goodreads decimal rating and shown in a demo. A small tweak to the metadata plug-in to retrieve the original title, and a userinterface to set those info into the db.
To my knowledge it is not possible to do it in only a metadata plug-in.
Forgive me, but I'm quite a rookie here. I already have an idea on how to retrieve the original title from the website, but I'm missing the difference between a metadata and a userinterface plugin.
My feeling is that they are spawned from different classes, so that the resulting metadata object doesn't have access to custom fields properties and/or methods, instead userinterface object does (but it's just a hunch).

If this is correct, my problem would be to update a hundred books simultaneously: if I have to click a userinterface for every one of them, it would be quite boring...

If any developer is reading, is Pr.BarnArt's assumption correct ? A custom field can't be updated from a metadata plugin ? If yes, is it a difficult task to implement it ?

Thanks
Advert
Old 03-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #6
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by webwizard View Post

If this is correct, my problem would be to update a hundred books simultaneously: if I have to click a userinterface for every one of them, it would be quite boring...

Thanks
You do not have to do it one by one. The metadata plug-in would put the original title in the publisher field p.e. with a separator
After that the user interface with one click will search through the database for the separator And split the information.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
barbataglia
barbataglia began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
Little Bug

Hello, I found a bug in __init__.py module, now MondoUrania reply also with "mondo Urania" in response. So I modified your code inserting some lines:

Your code:

if ' - MondoUrania' in title:
title = title.rpartition(' - MondoUrania')[0].strip()
if ' - Mondourania' in title:
title = title.rpartition(' - Mondourania')[0].strip()

My code:

if ' - MondoUrania' in title:
title = title.rpartition(' - MondoUrania')[0].strip()
if ' - Mondo Urania' in title:
title = title.rpartition(' - Mondo Urania')[0].strip()
if ' - Mondourania' in title:
title = title.rpartition(' - Mondourania')[0].strip()

Regards.

Luca
barbataglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #8
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbataglia View Post
Hello, I found a bug in __init__.py module, now MondoUrania reply also with "mondo Urania" in response. So I modified your code inserting some lines:
Luca
Thanks, I will implement it in the next version.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #9
kidpixo
kidpixo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kobo Touch (dead)
Hi,
thanks [Pr.BarnArt](https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=121602) for the wonderful plugin! I was starting writing my own.

I changed the search url to:
to avoid google filtering out similar result.
I also commented out the title match, because a lot of my file have misspelled titles.

Just a stupid question : do you limit the number of title on output? How can I get all the results?

Thank you again!
kidpixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #10
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpixo View Post
Hi,
do you limit the number of title on output? How can I get all the results?
I am not sure of your question.
In the configuration of the plugin you can set the (maximum) number of search that will be evaluate.

But the output from calibre is just one for a plugin (afaik).
That is a function of calibre. I do not know how you can pass that.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #11
kidpixo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
I am not sure of your question.
In the configuration of the plugin you can set the (maximum) number of search that will be evaluate.

But the output from calibre is just one for a plugin (afaik).
That is a function of calibre. I do not know how you can pass that.
I was just looking the code around and I never wrote a Calibre Plugin, sorry.

I meant the line

201 ¦ def ismatch(title):

in __init.py__, does this function filter the results where the title doesn't match with the inital query?

it seems to me to not handle apostrophe correctly, maybe the query should be url-encoded using urllib, after the utf-8 encoding .

Do you have a repository (github, bitbucket) where people can contribute ?

Thanks for the good work!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #12
kidpixo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpixo View Post
it seems to me to not handle apostrophe correctly, maybe the query should be url-encoded using urllib, after the utf-8 encoding .
My bad, you are already using urllib.quote!

It does behave strangely anyway, for example I was searching for Mai Più umani with blank author and it returns Nelle viscere della luna .
Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #13
webwizard

Not working

I'm trying to make the plugin work, because it doesn't anymore. It seems that no matter what, it gets no result from the search query, even if it's correct (cut and paste into a browser works fine).

Problem is I'm unable to read the logs. I don't understand where commands such as self.log.error or self.log.exception write the messages and the real time log displayed in the Calibre windows is near to useless. Direct print statement doesn't work.

Any suggestion on how to read such messages is most welcome.

Thanks

Paul
Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
When you try to get metadata, at the bottom of the result window or error message, there is a button to copy the log. Press that and post the result. If there was an error, then that will show the error. And if you are editing the plugin and adding the log statements you mention, then that is where they go.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #15
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
In file __init__.py change line 197:
Code:
results = root.xpath('//h2/a [@class="l"]')
to
Code:
results = root.xpath('//h3[@class="r"]/a')
BeckyEbook is online now   Reply With Quote