Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-02-2016, 02:28 AM   #1081
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No it is not possible. The related books displayed in the detail view come from the database. When you press "View all", the device tries to get the list from the Kobo store. And this will only work for books bought from Kobo.

Yes and no. At the moment, the related books is set purely based on info on the device. Only the author and series makes sense for doing this. It would be possible to do this based on the calibre library. Or multiple columns. But, I can't say I'm interested in extending this. Part of it is that I'm not sure what extra combinations of metadata makes sense. The other problem is that when I added this function, the firmware listed about 10 books at a time for the related books. And it might have scrolled the list. But now there are only four books shown and no way to see more for sideloaded books. I think you are a lot better to create collections that hold the related books.
Ah well. I was hoping to cut down on collections. I loaded a bunch of stories to test how well my kobo did with a lot of stories. I usually search for stories based on fandom, character, pairings, series, and genre. Even when I cut out the tags I'm not interested in, like a character I don't like, there was nearly 400 collections. That's why I'd prefer something that created nested tags, so that I am not sorting through 400+ collections.

Quote:
That's an error in the code that I will fix. The workaround is to start the tempate with one of "jacket:", "template:" or "plugboard:" (not quotes but the colon is important). The difference is in what can be use in the template.

The alternative is to use a "plugboard" or "template". These use the same template code as for metadata plugboards and custom columns. And this is the style you are using above.
I'm still confused as to why I'm getting the error. My code page starts with "template:". I literally took your code pasted it onto the page and then input my own custom columns. Would using "plugboard" be better? What is the difference between "plugboard" and "template"?

Quote:
No, it isn't possible. Bot tabs are built by the firmware reading from columns in the internal database. The firmware decides which goes were. All I can do is add extra information that can be displayed in one of these places. And the only practical place to put this is in the comments/synopsis.
Ok. At least there is plenty of space on the synopsis page. The information on the details page is useless to me (at least for my downloaded fanfiction) which is why I was interested in putting more information there.
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #1082
Syana344
Syana344 will become famous soon enoughSyana344 will become famous soon enoughSyana344 will become famous soon enoughSyana344 will become famous soon enoughSyana344 will become famous soon enoughSyana344 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara
Hi Davidfor

First of all, thanks a lot for you work and your big effort. I just wanted to give you a feedback. I installed the second beta version (from 01.04) with the template format, and it works really perfectly for me (Calibre last version + Kobo GloHD).
I even managed a "personal font" and all the customized columns I have in Calibre.

Thank you soooooo much
Have a nice Sunday
Syana344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #1083
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
I've been trying to use this plugin and have a few questions. First, I like that can create a related books list based on author or series. However, I can only see four books. Many of the authors have more than that. When I hit the view all button, my kobo tries to connect to wifi. Is there a way to see all the related books that are on my kobo? Also can I have related books by more than one thing (ie author, series, other columns I have)?
Perhaps it is related to the kobo F/W you use? I reverted to 3.15.0 once I realized it was the last one enabling me to access French dictionaries comfortably. It still has in-book reading statistics, which I appreciate.

As regards related books, I always set first Authors, and second Series, which gives me in an instance 3 pages (20 books), that is all books by that author when called from a non-series book, only the books in the specific serie when called from a series book - hope I'm understandable.

I always run the latest version of Calibre and the plugins: many thanks to davidfor who improves reading on kobos so much.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:23 AM   #1084
chiara.sc
chiara.sc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi. I have an issue with Perc Read column . Id does not record perc value

Hi !
I used since time the Kobo Uilities Plugin and I created the Perc Read column to update the calibre reading status with my Kobo AUra HD. Then since I had a too heavy library I divided it by kind of books different libraries, by creating the new libraries using the model of the existing. Now when I connect to Kobo and get the new reading status it appears the popup indicating it but it does not write in the proper column the new value.

Any Help?
Thank you
Chiara
chiara.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:34 AM   #1085
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The plugins configuration for the custom columns is library dependent. Have you done this for the new library?

Otherwise, I would need a debug log to look at. Restart calibre in debug mode, connect the device and let the jobs run. When finished, close calibre and it will display the log. Post all of it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #1086
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I recently started getting an error message when I remove a ebook from my Kobo, copy an edited version to the Kobo, let it process the new ebook and then attempt to use KoboUtilities to update the series data.

Not sure if it something I've managed to screw up or if it is caused by a Calibre update or ????.

If I do an update cached metadata before running KoboUtilities, I don't get the error message.

Code:
calibre, version 2.54.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'

calibre 2.54 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Barnes & Noble && Kobo Utilities && Fantastic Fiction && Goodreads && SmartEject && Extract ISBN && Webscription && Obok DeDRM && FictionDB && Quality Check && Open With && Find Duplicates && Modify ePub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 863, in update_metadata
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 3630, in _update_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 149, in __getattribute__
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:40 AM   #1087
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I recently started getting an error message when I remove a ebook from my Kobo, copy an edited version to the Kobo, let it process the new ebook and then attempt to use KoboUtilities to update the series data.

Not sure if it something I've managed to screw up or if it is caused by a Calibre update or ????.

If I do an update cached metadata before running KoboUtilities, I don't get the error message.

Code:
calibre, version 2.54.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'

calibre 2.54 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Barnes & Noble && Kobo Utilities && Fantastic Fiction && Goodreads && SmartEject && Extract ISBN && Webscription && Obok DeDRM && FictionDB && Quality Check && Open With && Find Duplicates && Modify ePub
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 863, in update_metadata
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 3630, in _update_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 149, in __getattribute__
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'
OK, I think I can see what is happening. I rearranged some code for these beta's and I missed a code path. I'm a bit surprised that no-one has seen it before, so it might have been "activated" by a calibre change. But, no matter what, it's unsafe code in the plugin. I'll fix it tonight.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #1088
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK, I think I can see what is happening. I rearranged some code for these beta's and I missed a code path. I'm a bit surprised that no-one has seen it before, so it might have been "activated" by a calibre change. But, no matter what, it's unsafe code in the plugin. I'll fix it tonight.
Thanks!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #1089
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi David,

I have a problem with KoboUtilities-beta when I use "Change Reading Status in device library" to mark books as finished, in KoboUtilities it's works okay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	662
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	147685

Code:
calibre, version 2.40.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'KoboUtilitiesAction' object has no attribute 'pb'

calibre 2.40  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kobo Utilities && KoboTouchExtended
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1315, in change_reading_status
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 3433, in _update_metadata
AttributeError: 'KoboUtilitiesAction' object has no attribute 'pb'

Last edited by oren64; 04-08-2016 at 09:48 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:05 AM   #1090
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

OK. That's a function I rarely use and apparently I haven't tested for a while. Anyway, your timing is good as I'm in the midst of cleaning up for a release over the weekend. I've fixed it, plus the next error that would have happened.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:43 AM   #1091
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.2.0

I have just released version 2.2.0, something I should have done a long time ago. There are a lot of changes in this:
  • New: Option to show Goodreads Sync "Update reading progress" dialog
  • Update: After storing book status, select them in the library view
  • New: Metadata uppdate - Update comments using a "jacket" or plugboard style template.
  • New: Metadata uppdate - Option to update downloaded kepubs as well sideloaded books.
  • New: Metadata uppdate - Option to set or clear the subtitle on the device.
  • Update: Display progress dialog when getting book list for updating metadata.
  • New: Submenu for driver configuration
  • New: Menu option to swap between main and extended driver.
  • New: Menu option to open driver configuration. If a device is connected, will open its configuration. Otherwise, it opens whichever is enable of the main and extended drivers.
  • New: Display device name, firmware version and the driver name in tooltip of button.

The one thing I haven't done is to update the help. I'll do that sometime.

For the comments/synopsis updates as part of the metadata updating, I decided to allow both the "jacket" and "plugboard" styles. I personally prefer the plugboard style, but this give a choice. Until I write up the help for this properly, the beta posts https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...41#post3222341, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53#post3234653 and surrounding posts will have to do.

As well as this change for the Update Metadata, I have also added an option for the subtitle. This can either clear the current value, or set it to a value from a custom column. If the selected column is tag-like column, the tags will be added as a comma separated list. I have considered allowing other types of columns, but I'm not sure.

As usual, calibre will start announcing the updated plugin in the next hour or so. Or, you can download it from the first post of the thread. And if you see any problems, please report them here.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #1092
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
V2.2.0 seems to be working fine so far.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #1093
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
As well as this change for the Update Metadata, I have also added an option for the subtitle. This can either clear the current value, or set it to a value from a custom column. If the selected column is tag-like column, the tags will be added as a comma separated list. I have considered allowing other types of columns, but I'm not sure.
Does it have to be a custom column? Why not any column?
For instance, I'd like to try the (not custom) tags column.

This option only offers me one column currently, and it isn't one I particularly care about.

As to other types to allow, how about "column built from other columns" type...
I'm also thinking word count (float) might be an interesting subtitle.

Last edited by compurandom; 04-11-2016 at 09:08 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:46 AM   #1094
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, I can see I'm really going to enjoy using the information I can make available with the comments template. That's a nice feature and it fixes some issues I have with the kobo.

While playing with the other new features, I realized that while the kobo touch driver's configure dialog looks fine and has all the options shown with room to spare, the extended driver's dialog comes up really small and I have to scroll it to see most of the options.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:54 AM   #1095
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
While Kobo has been good to us and display the series info, there is still plenty of metadata they don't display. Ideally, this would be displayed by the device in the Details page of the device. But, they don't do this and it isn't likely to happen any time soon.
Don't know if you can suggest this to kobo successfully, but...

It would be really nice if kobo could add these features:

From the main screen, add view details to the long press menu so I don't have to go to a library view to get it

Similarly, from within a book, add view details to the menu.

On the view details page, add the tags list for a book, and let me click on one to jump to that category view.

At least, with your changes, I can now view the list of categories a book is in.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities