Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Loreta
Loreta began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Advice for this Ipad Newbie

i just got my Ipad yesterday and other then ITunes and IBooks, I havent installed anything.
There is so much, that it just made me dizzy LOL. so anyhelp would be much appreciated.
Would also need some help onwhat kind of books I can download for my new toy...
Loreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
There are many apps for reading books. Which app(s) you need depends on where you want to buy books, and in what format.

There are Kindle apps, I think a B&N app, Stanza, Bluefire for ePub, etc. There's no reason not to install all of them, just in case. Most are free or .99.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I would start with Stanza and download some of the free ebooks there. You can also download some free ebooks at Smashwords.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
not to forget that you can get a lot of free ebooks here

On my iPad I use iBooks and the Bluefire reader.
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
JimKal
Zealot
JimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad, iMac,iPhone, Kindle Touch
I've installed iBooks, Kindle app, Nook app, Borders app, and Stanza. And while I've used all the apps I find myself using the Kindle app the most frequently. Amazon simply has the best eBookstore. BTW you will find plenty of free stuff at Amazon as well as the other stores. I do like the presentation in iBooks but just don't use it as much. As well as the regular publications and the free public domain books, you will find quite a selection of low cost eBooks there as well. Given the size of Amazon, judged by participants/purchasers, you will get mini reviews of the low cost e-books - a good thing given the widely varying quality. In any case, I hope you enjoy your new iPad. Watch out for the games, they can be addictive and cut down on reading time
JimKal is offline   Reply With Quote